Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-17 00:24:33

Leuvenaar230
Website

How to...

... change text in pages?
Yes, this is probably very basic, but as I'm not an IT'er, i'm searching already hours or days how to change the text toward my website. I know how to do it in Lightroom, but I guess it isn't the purpose to copy the whole export folder to my server on top each time? (fragments, lib...) An example. My website: www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be Imagine i would like to change text in the about field, what is the easiest way to get that done?

I hope you understand my question, i got my website up thanks to a forum member of another photo group.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Steven

#2 2015-08-17 00:32:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to...

In the Color Palette control pane you'll find areas for each page. Look for the Page Copy (md) fields
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ntent_area

though you could upload all of the Pages export again, when you upload the changes, you only really need to upload the appropriate file from the fragments/ folder

for example: about-main.html for the main text and about-side.html if you've also included sidebar text

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-08-17 03:46:02

Leuvenaar230
Website

Many thanks for your fast reply.

On the other hand, i'm facing a new weird problem. There are two pictures i can't open, they upload via publisher and i see thumbnails, but i'm not able to open them (see www.stevenlefebrefotografie.be > galleries > persoonlijke favorieten: the last picture). What's going on? Adding other pictures isn't a problem at all :-( )

Could you help with this issue also?
Thanks!
Steven

#4 2015-08-17 05:15:25

rod barbee
Website

it's because of the parentheses in the file name. For the web, folder and file names should only use letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens in names. No spaces or other characters

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-08-17 05:38:48

Leuvenaar230
Website

Many thanks again Mr Barbee, it's working :-)

#6 2015-08-17 05:48:45

rod barbee
Website

great!  smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-08-20 01:34:14

Leuvenaar230
Website

rod barbee wrote:

In the Color Palette control pane you'll find areas for each page. Look for the Page Copy (md) fields
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ntent_area

though you could upload all of the Pages export again, when you upload the changes, you only really need to upload the appropriate file from the fragments/ folder

for example: about-main.html for the main text and about-side.html if you've also included sidebar text

This was very useful and practical, though, I would like to learn which file i need to update on the server for the changes i make in lightroom. Is there somewhere documentation about this? For instance, if i change my media profiles, i have no clue which file from the pages export is responsible to make it happen.

Many thanks again,
Steven

#8 2015-08-20 01:40:16

rod barbee
Website

If you change media profiles I think you'll need to upload all the page files (index.php, galleries.php, about.php, etc.)

If you make styling changes to the media profile icons (color, size) you'll need to upload the css files. I don't remember exactly which one it is, but since they're basically text files and take virtually no time to upload, I just upload the entire css/ folder.

But run some experiments and see what happens. That's how I learned what needed to be uploaded.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer