Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-03 00:56:12

lynneford

Are there issues viewing a CE4 built website in Windows 10?

Hi, novice here, so please bear with me.  I have searched this user forum for a similar post but have found nothing relating to Windows 10 specifically.

I am rebuilding my website with CE4 Pages v7014a, CE4 Gallery v616, CE4 Autoindex v707, CE4 Publisher v230 and CE4 Wordpress v311 in a new hosting account with Bluehost (previously was with GoDaddy). This is a fresh install. My basic 4 page website without loaded galleries is up and running. Everything looks fine on Windows 7 in Chrome and Explorer (in different display resolutions) and on mobile devices.

The problem appeared when a friend viewed the website on a Windows 10 PC in Chrome. So I am questioning if this could be a Windows 10 issue.

The home page gallery has an additional collapse/expand button in the gallery navigation (not a big problem), but the title information at the bottom of the gallery images does not appear correctly - color is bright blue (should be 50% gray) and no text appears.

Website is www.lynneford.com

Any direction you could give me on determining a solution would be greatly appreciated even if it is just to confirm there are no compatibility issues. Thank you.

#2 2015-08-03 01:15:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: Are there issues viewing a CE4 built website in Windows 10?

unfortunately I've not updated any of our home PCs to Windows 10 yet so I can't take a look. But if your friend could possibly supply some screen shots to better illustrate the issue, that could help Matt diagnose any problems.

and is your friend's computer a desktop or one of those tablet-like PCs?

The home page gallery has an additional collapse/expand button in the gallery navigation

can you elaborate? ( as screen shot would really help)

but the title information at the bottom of the gallery images does not appear correctly - color is bright blue (should be 50% gray) and no text appears.

On my Windows 7 machine I don't seen any title/caption text under the Galleria slide show on your home page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-08-03 02:06:15

lynneford

I apologize for the confusion.

When I called my friend to get the screenshot, I learned the Dell All in One PC (screen resolution 1920x1080) was actually running Windows 8.1 when I saw the problem last night, not Windows 10. The PC is being upgraded to Windows 10 today, so I can no longer get a screen shot of the problem on Windows 8.1.  I will however confirm after the upgrade if the website views OK on Windows 10 (hopefully it will).

The last point you asked about  - the title/caption bar will show up at the bottom of the image after you toggle the "i" button in the slide show tools to the right of the top of the image.

Thanks for your help.

#4 2015-08-03 02:13:15

rod barbee
Website

The last point you asked about  - the title/caption bar will show up at the bottom of the image after you toggle the "i" button in the slide show tools to the right of the top of the image.

facepalm. Well Duh! You'd think I'd remember that. hmm
Anyway, it looks the same both in Firefox and Chrome. Medium grey background and light grey text.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-08-04 03:38:00

dougc

I upgraded to Windows 10 on July 29th.  I know, I am living dangerously!

I just checked Lynne's site on three browsers in Windows 10:  Firefox, Chrome, and Edge (Microsoft's Internet Explorer replacement).  In a quick look, the site looks the same on all three browsers, and the slide show mode seems to be working correctly on all three browsers.  EXCEPT, toggling the "i" on Chrome does nothing, while it works fine to turn the title display on and off in Firefox and Edge.

I hope that helps.

Doug

#6 2015-08-04 07:22:26

lynneford

Hi Rod

I'm stumped as to how to insert a screenshot in this posting. (Again, sorry, I am a novice to this - usually just view and never post). If you can direct me to some instructions I will try again.

As Doug reported, the "i" button is not working on  in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 running on a desktop with 1920x1080 monitor has also confirmed by my friend. It does thankfully work correctly on Windows 7. And it works on all three operating systems in Browsers other than Chrome. About Chrome indicates that the version 44.0.2403.125 m is the latest.

In the CE4 Pages galleria slideshow setup, I have all options checked except "imagePan," "randomize," "showinfo on load" and "thumbnails" if that information  is of any help.

Last edited by lynneford (2015-08-04 07:22:55)

#7 2015-08-04 11:20:03

rod barbee
Website

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-08-04 19:45:42

lynneford

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the instructions.

Here is a screenshot from Chrome on WIN7 where  my website is appearing correctly. When you toggle the Information button, the image title correctly displays in a gray bar under the image'
Chrome_screenshot_WIN7-L.png

This is a SIMULATED view of how it looks in Chrome on Windows 10 and what I also saw on Windows 8. I don't have access to either computers, but this shows the area that was not appearing correctly when the Information button is toggled on.
Simulated_Chrome_screenshot_WIN10-L.png
There is an additional slide navigation icon to the right of the "full screen view" toggle which controls the navigation icons sliding in and out of the display.

I have the CE4 options set on the galleria slide show to NOT showInfo on load (the viewer must click on it to see it) and for now I can get around this by turning off show info off completely. Thankfully it just seems to affect Chrome and is not a bigger problem. But it is probably something you'll want to address as more people upgrade to Windows 10.

Last edited by lynneford (2015-08-04 19:49:16)

#9 2015-08-04 23:43:25

rod barbee
Website

this will give Matt something to go on at least.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-08-05 02:31:16

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The slideshow works as intended in Chrome on Mac OSX. If Chrome behaves differently on Windows, then it's a Chrome bug, not a problem with the plugin.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#11 2015-08-05 04:16:15

lynneford

OK. Thank you.

Board footer