Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-28 19:10:59

nordi

video installation

I have installed a html5-video and it is running. But I have several questions / remarks.

The origin of it is 720 x 576 pixels, which I have stated in Lightroom. First I had for the mantle width 1140 and for the core width 1024 pixels. I have seen the video with 1140 pixel width. Then I limited it with 720 pixel in the Core width and I have seen it with 720 pixel width. If the Core Width is bigger than the origin width, then it is shown bigger? I thought it would be limited to both width?

As background I have a very dark grey, but it shows yellow on the left and right side of the video from the page container!?

Is that right? I have to export it from Lightroom and then load it via FTP to my server? It is nots possible to do it under TTG Publishing? In this case I have no index.php under videosrc and it does not running. Of course I have to copy my videos via FTP, but this is not all. I miss the bread crumbs too. - So I need a template too for all my videos? - One video has another origin pixels too!?

When I see the video on my samsung mobile in the landscape format, I can't see the whole height - it is cut - and it is not possible to make video smaller in order to see the whole video.

You can see the exported one: http://body-paint.at/fotos/90-video/25-shooting-neu/

#2 2015-07-28 19:43:33

nordi

Re: video installation

What is the video-id for the publishing dialog?

#3 2015-07-28 20:48:11

rod barbee
Website

Have you read the documentation on using html5 video?
Using Publisher is covered there, as well as sizing.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ideo_html5

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-07-28 22:23:14

rod barbee
Website

As background I have a very dark grey, but it shows yellow on the left and right side of the video from the page container!?

you can set a background color for the grid in Appearance > Gallery/Media Area > Background-color

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-07-30 02:17:09

nordi

Hi, I had read it till Publisher, as I thought it  is general and has nothing to do with the videos...

All functions but not the background. I have Native Width and Height 720 and 576 px, the Mantle Width is fixed 1140 px and the Core Width 720px. My Padding-top is 25px and the padding-bottom 5 px. My background is a very dark grey. As you see, e.g. http://body-paint.at/fotos/90-video/20- … tshooting/ you can only see the background-color on top and bottom of the video.

If I offer a video by 1024 x 768 px the bandwidth for a mobile device is the same as for a desktop. It doesn't change for mobiles automatically? Makes it sense to offer the same video e. g. for 720 x 576 px? But there is not automatic to select the smaller video for mobiles?

Last edited by nordi (2015-07-30 02:27:06)

#6 2015-07-30 07:44:37

rod barbee
Website

the yellow background you're seeing is the page container background set in Site Info

Looks like you might have Render Borders set to "On the Core". Try setting it to "On the Mantle"
Appearance > Gallery Media Area
I think this will give you the background across the width of the Mantle.

Makes it sense to offer the same video e. g. for 720 x 576 px? But there is not automatic to select the smaller video for mobiles?

I imagine this would require two video files and conditional coding to detect the device and feed the correct file.

I think a 1024 x 768 video would resize for a mobile device.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-07-30 20:04:22

nordi

Hi, yes I had the core. I thought that doesn't matter because I have no border radius.

How could I do a conditional coding to detect the device? And how could I implement it in CE4 Stage? A CSS @media only screen ... would not help.

On youtube I can only find one size, not several!?

#8 2015-07-30 22:06:34

rod barbee
Website

For what it's worth, the video looks fine on all devices I've tried (desktop, iPad, iPhone).
What is it that you're trying to do?

How could I do a conditional coding to detect the device? And how could I implement it in CE4 Stage? A CSS @media only screen ... would not help.

You'd have to do it through phplugins and know how to code for it. I was just guessing since you mentioned a smaller video for mobiles.

On youtube I can only find one size, not several!?

I thought this was html5 video?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-07-31 05:13:07

nordi

Yes, it is html5-Video and you think, it is not necessary to have a smaller video, which doesn't need so much bandwidth for a mobile device?

#10 2015-07-31 05:49:56

rod barbee
Website

I guess it depends on the user's particular service provider and data plan. It would certainly be best to disable any auto-play features to give mobile users the choice of whether or not to play the video.

I just don't know how you could easily feed a smaller video to mobile devices. I'm sure it's possible but you'd have to do some custom work and know php coding.

Seems like a lot of extra work to me though.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-07-31 16:06:14

Matthew
Administrator
Website

nordi wrote:

Yes, it is html5-Video and you think, it is not necessary to have a smaller video, which doesn't need so much bandwidth for a mobile device?

Discussed:
http://theturninggate.net/2015/04/updat … out-video/

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#12 2015-07-31 17:24:42

nordi

I already know that. But the question is, do youtube send a bigger video automatically for mobile devices in a smaller version? Or does youtube always send in the same bandwidth?

2nd question: Can I automatically switch to a smaller video for mobile devices in the CE4-Stage generated pages?

#13 2015-07-31 21:29:42

rod barbee
Website

Your first question is best answered by visiting the YouTube documentation

The answer to your second question is no. Not with Stage as-is.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer