Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-23 06:10:44

rdilworth

Using the new WP Theme

Pace of my progress is picking up. If there's a mistake to be made, I've probably made most of them in past few weeks. However, aI'm much more efficient in re-doing my work the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time ...

Theme for WP: I installed and ran engine; configured a Theme. Save and exported. Upload (a folder of files, I assume that's right) into Themse folder in wp-content.

Did as instructed re plugins. Activated them w/o problem.

WP was installed from my domain server, so I couldn't from my provider's web interface tell it to put in /blog/ folder. Its default is [tld]/wordpress. I later renamed it, but then wp-admin wouldn't run. So i went back to /wordpress/. So if I stick with this I'll have to fix the /blog? path on the Nav tabs.  I'll sort that out.

So the problem is in WP under "Appearance / Themes".  I can see the TTG Them that I created and exported, but can't Activate it. When I click on "Live Preview", WP gives a screen that says "Cheatin' uh?". When click on "activate", WP asks "Are you sure you want to do this?", says to click again, but then starts an endless loop.  So something isn't right about the set of Theme files that I exported - WP won't accept them, perhaps the function for changing Themes is looking for a particular thing that it's not finding?

Thanks to whoever may have a solution and can advise.

Robert

#2 2015-06-23 07:03:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: Using the new WP Theme

Upload (a folder of files, I assume that's right) into Themse folder in wp-content.

if you uploaded the entire exported folder then yes, that's correct smile

did you name your theme using only letters, number, underscores, or dashes? No spaces or other special characters?

Is WordPress working on your site? Showing the standard 2015 theme?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer