Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-22 14:57:13

sguffey

Which TTG products needed for a new photo site

I'm creating a new photo site to share my photography art and also to share casual galleries of pictures with friends and family of mutual events. After reviewing the different solutions offered by TTG, it seems that I would need these products:

1. The TTG CE2 Pages plugin to create the website pages
   2. A TTG gallery template plugin for the LR web module (I was thinking the Highslide template)
   3. TTG CE2 Publisher, to manage the galleries
   4. TTG CE2 Auto Index plugin

Am I correct?  Would I need to purchase each of these individual plugins?  If so, it seems that the "auto index" and "Pages" and "publisher" really ought to part of the same product since they are providing parts of the overall solution of creating a website.

Please confirm if I am understanding the role of these plugins and how they work together to create the photo website.

thanks for you assistance.

#2 2013-01-22 15:21:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Which TTG products needed for a new photo site

The only necessary parts are Pages for the website and a gallery plug-in (Highslide, Photoswipe, Or Horizon)
Auto index if you intend on "nesting" indexes.
Publisher if you want an easier way of managing galleries. You don't need Publisher, you can simply upload exported galleries to the /galleries/ folder, but Publisher sure makes life easier because of shared templates and the ease of adding or removing images.

If you haven't yet seen it, this tutorial walks you through a basic setup with Pages and Highslide:
http://theturninggate.net/2012/02/a-beg … using-ttg/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-01-22 20:04:43

Matthew
Administrator
Website

... since they are providing parts of the overall solution of creating a website ...

That's what everything here does. It's  component system, and you grab at the components you want to build your site, or -- if not building a site -- to get the job done, whatever that job may be. Just about everything is optional, depending on the task at hand.

You're building a new website from scratch, so Pages and the Highslide gallery are going to be your core components. The Publisher and Auto Index are then both optional items you can use to further extend your publishing capabilities.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2013-01-23 14:03:48

sguffey

Thanks Ron and Matthew for your response-- very much appreciated!  Your explanation of the system as components makes sense to me now.  I can see how someone might use one part or another with their existing site or their own template. 

I purchased the plug ins today.  I can't wait to give them a try.

Board footer