Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-24 22:23:39

charking
Website

Two small issues

I'm close to getting the results I want in the Stage Galleria slide show and a video presentation of the same slide show. Ultimately I will use only one of these on my web site, probably Galleria, but I'd like to solve the video issue as well.

Galleria: two sequence numbers are appearing in the info panel,left and right. H ow do I get rid of the right hand one?

http://www.charking.com/galleries/Amor_de_Dios_Stage/

Video: two thin black lines are appearing at the left and right hand sides of the video. This is a Lightroom video, but I am having a similar result, right side only, with a ProShow Producer video. Any ideas as to what could be causing these lines?

http://www.charking.com/galleries/Amor_de_Dios_Video/

#2 2015-05-24 23:28:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: Two small issues

Galleria: two sequence numbers are appearing in the info panel,left and right. H ow do I get rid of the right hand one?

The one on the right is part of the galleria info pane. The one on the left is coming from the metadata you're including in the gallery (Image Info)

To remove the counter from Galleria Info (the one on the right), uncheck showCounter in Galleria setup

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-24 23:52:40

rod barbee
Website

Video: two thin black lines are appearing at the left and right hand sides of the video. This is a Lightroom video, but I am having a similar result, right side only, with a ProShow Producer video. Any ideas as to what could be causing these lines?

I found this in the css:

.mejs-container {
    position: relative;
    background: #000 none repeat scroll 0% 0%;

it's in the mediaelementplayer.css file

background: #000 is giving the thicker black line on the right

I'm guessing that it's a background for the video in case the video doesn't fill the container? Not sure. Could be that your video's dimensions aren't quite matching the width and height you've set in Appearance > Staging > Video: HTML5

Not sure where the thin black lines are coming from though.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2015-05-27 03:53:04

charking
Website

Thanks, Rod. I played a lot with video dimensions. The Photodex ProShow Producer technical support suggested a similar approach. Nothing worked with Proshow Producer which was my preferred slide show program (many, many transitions and other features). The line did disappear if I used a background of a solid colour, so it had something to do with my textured background image. I solved the problem by putting a black border around the video area.

The video starts automatically in Windows on a PC; but on both an iPhone and an Android phone, the white arrowhead on a black background appears and the user has to start the show himself. Is there any way to autostart on a cell phone?

www.charking.com

Last edited by charking (2015-05-27 04:06:53)

#5 2015-05-27 07:29:09

rod barbee
Website

Is there any way to autostart on a cell phone?

I think Matt covered something similar here in the forums once...

Anyway, I'm guessing the reason that autostart won't work on mobile devices has something to do with bandwidth and data charges, leaving the choice of whether to start a video up to the user. A user might not appreciate a big video automatically playing and cutting into their data plan. Just a guess though.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-05-27 08:22:02

Matthew
Administrator
Website

There is no auto-start on cell phones. Android and iOS prevent it by design.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer