Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-05 07:57:22

hjrw

Domain "pointing to" a particular album

I am trying to set up an Add-On Domain (or SubDomain) that will "point" to a particular gallery on my site.  Since it takes several hours to propagate the DNS data across the web, I am unable to test it at this time.  From earlier testing it appears that I am losing links and formatting on the album page that I am pointing to, while if I access this album via the menu system, all is well.

Is it possible to have a domain name point to a particular gallery a opposed to pointing to the main CE4 Pages Home?

The structure is

public_html/photo-now/galleries/003-route-66 (using cPanel)

My main domains point to public_html/photo-now

I would like to add a couple of domains to point to public_html/photo-now/galleries/003-route-66

Is it necessary to traverse the TTG heirarchy from the "top" in order to set up the environment and get to the particular gallery or can I simply point to the album directly?

Here is a link to what I get  rt-66.com  versus going to photographs-now.com and selecting "galleries" then "route 66"

Last edited by hjrw (2015-05-05 08:04:20)

#2 2015-05-05 12:29:44

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Domain "pointing to" a particular album

A subdomain requires a separate TTG installation. You can't just point the subdomain directory to your existing gallery. I would just create a redirect page in rt-66.com that redirects the site to your current gallery.

Let's assume that you have a /public_html/subdomains/rt-66 directory that is the root for your subdomain. In there you would have a simple one line index.php file:

<?php  header( 'Location: http://photographs-now.com/galleries/003-route-66' ) ;  ?>

So whenever one loads rt-66.com it will immediatly go to your main page and display the route 66 gallery.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2015-05-05 13:17:22

hjrw

Fantastic!  Works great.  Thanks for the quick fix.

#4 2015-05-06 01:45:57

Daniel Leu
Website

Cool! Looking at your images reminds me that I have to revisit route 66...

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer