Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-03 10:23:33

0boolean1

CRG thumbnail and user interface problem

I just download Crg for Lightroom on my windows 8 computer.  Couple of issues straight away.  The UI for configuring on the right hand side of the Lightroom window seems to have some sections covered up.  As if one section is partially obscuring the next one.  The one right below the sidebar blurb.  This seems like a bug, right?

Second, two questions about thumbnails.  I'd like the white part of the slide to be black.  Also, I'd like to control the JPEG size and quality of the thumbnails themselves.

Thanks,
Aemilia

#2 2015-05-03 10:34:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: CRG thumbnail and user interface problem

Not sure what you're referring to with your first problem. Could you possibly post a screen shot?

you can set the size of thumbnails in Output Settins > Image Renditions
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … renditions

to change the background color of the thumbnail cell, look in Appearance > Thumbnail Grid: Cell Background-color. It's near the top of the Appearance control pane.

(if you don't see a change in thumbnail size you may need to toggle the watermark setting or jump out of the Web module and back in. It's a Lightroom quirk)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-03 18:07:10

0boolean1

Hi Rod,

Sure, I'll attach three screenshots to show you what I mean.

I actually looked through the right hand UI and didn't find anything called Output Settings.  Perhaps this is due to the bug I'm mentioning?

IMG_4089.JPG
IMG_4091.JPG
IMG_4092.JPG

#4 2015-05-03 18:08:11

0boolean1

Argh, sorry the photos are sideways.  The accelerometer on my phone is out of whack.

#5 2015-05-03 19:12:41

Ben

Hi Aemilia, if anything, that looks like a bug in Lightroom.  It may be worth trying the following to see if that restores order in the layout:

1) Right-click one of the section headings, e.g. Layout Style, Site Info, Color Palette, etc.
2) Clicking through Solo Mode, Expand All and Collapse All

Does that help?

#6 2015-05-04 10:55:33

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Because of the number of options in the plugins, it's also best to keep "Solo Mode" enabled. This is especially important for LR/Win, which sometimes exhibits rendering problems when more than one panel are open at the same time.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2015-05-05 12:15:22

0boolean1

Hi guys, thanks for the help.  Also, I opened lightroom on my mac laptop, and saw no rendering problems at all.

Two more questions!

First, I'm having trouble separating the Slide number from the little edit icon in the lower left.  Is there a way to opt for where those two items are?

And second, as I go to publish, I think I may have not gotten all the components that I need.  I got two folders, CRG and BE.  It would seem that I need Publisher and Autoindex as well in order to actually publish these galleries.  Is that right?  According to the documentation I should have had access to all of these files:
Now, let's get into it. Download and unzip all of the files that come along with your order. You will have:

Three web engine packages:
CE4-Auto-Index-Enabler.lrwebengine
CE4-Auto-Index.lrwebengine
CE4-CRG.lrwebengine
One LR plugin:
CE4-Publisher.lrplugin
Three online modules
/crg
/publisher
/ttg-be
That may seem like a lot of pieces, but it's not all too daunting. Hang in there.

What do you think?

#8 2015-05-05 12:30:41

rod barbee
Website

First, I'm having trouble separating the Slide number from the little edit icon in the lower left.  Is there a way to opt for where those two items are?

see: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … load-icon/

And second, as I go to publish, I think I may have not gotten all the components that I need.  I got two folders, CRG and BE.  It would seem that I need Publisher and Autoindex as well in order to actually publish these galleries.

Did you purchase the Client Response Bundle?

regardless, to use CRG you only need TTG-BE, the crg/ folder, and the CE4-CRG web engine.

Publisher makes publishing your albums (galleries) more efficient and it enables client management features of CRG.

Autoindex allows you to create album sets with Publisher. Or you can use it as an index for a stand-alone client page, or for sub-indexes.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer