Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-13 14:55:14

hjrw

Pages Home Page

I have a website (photographs-now.com) that had a set of images that displayed automatically when the site opened on the home page.  I have added albums to my galleries, but have not touched Pages in a couple of months.  The images no longer change.  Only the first image appears with a pause icon.  Clicking pause brings up a slideshow icon which does nothing but re-display pause.  Before I re-upload my Pages to the site, does anyone have any idea what might have happened?  This feature has always worked.  Then it stopped this week.  The same behavior occurs on my phone (Chrome), and in Chrome and Firefox on my Win 7 PC.

As noted, I have made no changes to Pages since February.  All of these browsers have been updated in the past couple of weeks, I believe.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2015-04-13 16:02:04

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Pages Home Page

There's just one image in your source code, so the slideshow is doing exactly as it's supposed to.

<script>
var data = [
    {
        image: "photos/DSC_10097.jpg",
        thumb: "thumbnails/DSC_10097.jpg",
        title: "",
        description: ""
    }
];

If you want more images in your slideshow, then you'll need to re-export Pages with more images in the slideshow. Alternatively, you might setup Home-page control using CE4 Publisher and CE4 Stage.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-04-13 16:23:36

hjrw

Re: Pages Home Page

It was working a few days ago with 14 images.  I have not made any changes to Pages...  I've used Publisher to upload several albums but made no changes to Pages.  That is what is confusing...

I just opened up Pages in LR with the 14 images, and exported and re-uploaded the files (replacing only those files that were newer than what was on the server).  It now works properly again.  The only thing that I have noticed is that the pause and slideshow icons were not there when I first uploaded the Pages files. 

Again, I have no idea why the images were gone...  the file dates were all from Feb on the server!  But all is well now...

Thanks, Matthew

Last edited by hjrw (2015-04-13 16:37:00)

Board footer