Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-17 04:41:56

akaufer
Website

breadcrumbs home link

I have activated "Display Home Breadcrumbs" and set it to the name "Galleries" matching the /galleries directory.
The /galleries folder was created by Pages and is populated with albums via the publisher.

As you can see e.g. in
http://andreas-und-angelika.de/gallerie … hwest_USA/
this basically works fine and the breadcrumb is shown as "Galleries » Andreas » 2014 Southwest USA".

My problem is that "Galleries" links to the home page http://andreas-und-angelika.de/ and not the http://andreas-und-angelika.de/galleries folder.

I have tried to communicate to the publisher the correct path by placing the file /galleries/gallery.xml with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gallery>
    <name><![CDATA[Galleries]]></name>
    <redirect>../galleries/</redirect>
</gallery>

- but this has no effect.

Any suggestions ?
Thx Andreas

#2 2015-02-17 06:15:35

rod barbee
Website

Re: breadcrumbs home link

this would work correctly if your Andrea's Picture Galleries, Andrea's Photostream, and Angelika's Picture Galleries were Album Sets rather than uploaded autoindexes.

I don't know that you can make it work the way you want with your current structure. I think that the home breadcrumb has to be home page of your site. But I'm sure Ben will be by after a bit to explain any options

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-17 11:22:33

akaufer
Website

Thanks Rod. You are right:

The /galleries folder is populated with autoindex generated folders, not with the publisher as I wrongly wrote in the initial post.
The albums inside the folders are maintained with publisher.

I had to introduce this structure with CE3+publisher because I was at that time not able to access the Albums in the three Albums Sets from different LR catalogues running the publisher. I create a new LR catalogue every year but upload to the same three folders. Maybe this would work now. I have not tried in CE4.

Let's see if Ben comes up with a solution...

#4 2015-02-17 19:40:01

Ben

Hi Andreas, I can't actually see anything amiss with your gallery.xml
Can you try temporarily changing the name just to see whether the "Galleries" link is getting the name from the xml?  Something like this should show the link as "xGalleries":

<name><![CDATA[xGalleries]]></name>

If that change doesn't affect the links then it implies that gallery.xml isn't being used by Publisher.

I should be able to work out the issue if you're able to provide me with FTP access.  If that works for you, please do so by emailing me via the Email link under my picture.

#5 2015-02-17 22:51:28

rod barbee
Website

Just to be clear:

you're running those three indexes from different catalogs?

Then the top-level galleries folder for each would be the respective Autoindex.

And you want to configure Publisher so that the Home breadcrumb is directed at the galleries.php page rather than at your site's home page?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-02-18 01:08:52

akaufer
Website

Ben, I tried your suggestions and the modified text in gallery.xml does not show. Together with Rod's explanations it seems clear that the gallery.xml file is not processed by the publisher due to my setup not using the Album Sets but autoindex-generated folders.

you're running those three indexes from different catalogs?

yes! different catalogues on different computers maintained by different users...

Then the top-level galleries folder for each would be the respective Autoindex.

yes!

And you want to configure Publisher so that the Home breadcrumb is directed at the galleries.php page rather than at your site's home page?

yes!

So I think my problem boils down to the question if I can somewhere hardcode the url associated with the Home breadcrumb. I can set its name in the Publisher Admin tool already, but not the url. Hardcoding would not be an issue since this part of the pages is fully static anyway.

Thx

#7 2015-02-18 02:51:27

akaufer
Website

Following my statement above I can make it work by modifying
/ttg-be/publisher/application/models/Album.php

with the two lines following // AKA :

229a230,232
> // AKA 2015-02-17 
>  $breadcrumbHomeUrl = $siteHomeURL.'galleries/';
> 
234c237,239
<   $breadcrumbs[] = array('id' => 'HOME', 'name' => __c('BREADCRUMB_HOME_NAME'), 'href' => $siteHomeURL);                  
---
>   // AKA 2015-02-17
>   $breadcrumbs[] = array('id' => 'HOME', 'name' => __c('BREADCRUMB_HOME_NAME'), 'href' => $breadcrumbHomeUrl);                  

Seems to work as you can see e.g. at:
http://andreas-und-angelika.de/gallerie … hwest_USA/

Last edited by akaufer (2015-02-18 02:51:57)

Board footer