Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-30 05:56:39

rsamco
Website

Missing phplugins-sample directory

I decided to enable phplugins for an already-functioning test CE4 website. So I make a new version of an existing Gallery template, enabled its phplugins checkbox together with entering the server path to my galleries directory. I then exported that new template to the server, created a new album (assigning it the new Gallery template), and published that album. Went to the server to enable custom CSS but there is no /phplugins-sample/ directory in galleries. What did I miss? When should have this directory been created? I thought that I might manually copiy that directory from an installation ZIP but couldn't find it there. TIA!

Rick

#2 2015-01-30 07:41:43

rod barbee
Website

Re: Missing phplugins-sample directory

when you export a phplugins enabled gallery (or any TTG Plug in), phplugins-sample/ is created.

If you've uploaded the gallery export to be used as a Publisher template, that's the only place that particular phplugins-sample folder will be. it won't appear in any of your albums in the galleries/ folder.

And you don't need to do anything with that folder or phplugins.php file anyway. You say you entered the server path, that implies you're using phplugins globally, presumably from a phplugins/ folder you uploaded to the root of your site. Inside that folder is the phplugins.php file you need to edit to enable custom css

That folder needs to be named phplugins/ so if it's still named phplugins-sample, rename it. If you have to rename it, you'll need to modify the server path to match the name of the folder.

be sure to look over this portion of the documentation: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _phplugins

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-31 04:21:46

rsamco
Website

Thanks, Rod -- I had read that documentation a few times and still didn't pick up on the fact that the phplugins-sample directory would be WITHIN THE TEMPLATE exported to ttg-be's template tree (just read it again and still don't see it). For some reason I thought that I would find it elsewhere on the server. Oh well, I'm explaining all this here so that it might help someone else in the future.

Rick

#4 2015-01-31 05:18:57

rod barbee
Website

It's actually in any ttg plug-in export that has phplugins enabled.
Best practice is to not use the phplugins file that's in one of your templates. Place it in the root of your site (or if you're using Pages, just enable phplugins, export Pages, change the name of the phplugins-sample/ folder, and upload everything in the exported Pages folder to the root of your site.
Then use the phplugins.php file that's in that location.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-01-31 05:41:49

rsamco
Website

Yup, totally understand, Rod.  Just didn't know where to find it in order to move it!

Rick

Board footer