Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-21 22:24:09

paulo_tebet

Client Management Features with CRG

From the Blog:

Used together with CE4 Publisher, CE4 Client Response Gallery also has Client Management features. You may create client accounts, then assign image galleries to those accounts. When a client is logged in, they will be presented a list of their galleries; these galleries will be protected from unauthorized access, and you may choose to hide galleries from appearing in gallery indexes using CE4 Publisher.

I have my site develop using WordPress and I would like to have a "Customer Area" where customer could log in and access their Galleries to select their photos. Right now, I have to send each and every customer a link to their particular gallery.

How can I accomplish this with CE4 Publisher and CRG ?  I understand that I will need the CE4 Publisher, but how would this be integrated with my current Web Development plataform (WordPress) ?

Regards,

Paulo

#2 2015-01-21 22:32:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Client Management Features with CRG

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-21 23:02:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Just install our stuff in parallel to the WordPress setup. We'd prefer you used our WordPress theme, but if that's not the case, then it won't impact your using the Publisher and Client Response Gallery.

So you'll have ..

/galleries
/ttg-be/crg
/ttg-be/publisher
/wp-admin
/wp-content
/wp ... etc.

... all in the same place.

OR, you can put all of the TTG stuff in a separate subdomain. Entirely your choice.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2015-01-21 23:46:44

paulo_tebet

Thanks for the link. Very helpful.

Where can I see the integration of CE4 Publisher and CR Gallery before I buy the CE4 Publisher?  Is there any discount for user of CRG. I have just upgrade my CRG3 to CRG4.

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

#5 2015-01-21 23:53:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The only discounts on CE4 Publisher occur when buying one of our two bundles, which both include it. That's of little worth to you, though, if you don't need/want the other bundled items.

There's a video on the CE4 Publisher shop page that shows how publisher works.

Using CE4 Publisher with the Client Response Gallery allows you to utilize client management, saving feedback between sessions, etc. It's a worthwhile enhancement.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2015-01-22 00:49:28

paulo_tebet

OK. Let me check if the main feature I need will be provided by Publisher.

Instead of keep sending links like paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-X for every customer I would like to have a link in my main site like paulotebet.com/Proofs where customers could login with username and password.

Somehow within the TTG products I would link the Galleries to the users like:

Client A links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-A  Gallery
Client B links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-B  Gallery

or if I have multiple Galleries linked to the same Client that they would be able to see the Galleries linked to them and select the one they want to access, like:

Client C links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-C1
Client C links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-C2
Client C links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-C3

In this case, when client C logs in thew would be presented to the Galleries 1, 2 and 3.

Would I be able to accomplish both scenarios, or at least the first one with Publisher and Client Response Gallery?

Thanks.

Paulo Tebet

#7 2015-01-22 01:10:27

rod barbee
Website

Instead of keep sending links like paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-X for every customer I would like to have a link in my main site like paulotebet.com/Proofs where customers could login with username and password.

You could create an index (using Autoindex and call it Proofs) and set up Publisher to publish to the Proofs folder. Direct clients to Proofs.
Clients will see their galleries on the page (or, alternatively, you could create indexes for each client inside the main client index).

Clients click on one of their galleries and are then presented with log-in screen.

In each CRG, breadcrumbs lead to a link called "Your Galleries" (assuming you've enabled breadcrumbs in the album creation). If a client clicks on this they'll be taken to a page with links to all their galleries.

So either way, an index containing individual client's galleries, or from the link found within each gallery, your clients can view a page that has all their galleries.

For organizational purposes, it makes sense to use autoindex to create client indexex. So you'd have a set up like this:

Client A links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-A/
Client B links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-B/
Client C links to paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-C/

and inside Client A's index:
paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-A/gallery-1
paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-A/gallery-2
paulotebet.com/Proofs/Client-A/gallery-3

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-01-27 02:27:11

paulo_tebet

Thanks for the solution provided. I am still interested in the route of asking the user to login and then based on who is login in to direct them to the appropriate Customer Response Gallery URL.

Will I be able to create this link of the BE user ID with a particular Customer Response Gallery (or any URL for that matter), even the Auto Index idea that you've mentioned ?

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

#9 2015-01-27 02:41:08

rod barbee
Website

If using Publisher, you can simply direct a customer to their gallery and they'll have to log in to access

another option is to direct all managed clients to /yoursite.com/ttg-be/crg/

They will be presented with a log in page. After logging in they'll be presented with another page containing links to their galleries.

you can see how this would work on my test site: http://ce4.barbeephoto.com/ttg-be/crg

Use the login address of woof@wag.com and the password woof

Once logged in, you'll see that the "client" has two albums assigned.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-01-30 01:16:11

paulo_tebet

Thanks so much for the effort of putting together an example.

Very usefull. So in order to create this solution I will only need the Publisher, besides the CRG, right?

That credential (email / password) is defined at the BE module? It is not the CRG password ?

After seing your example, I was thinking if it would be possible to show under "Your Albuns" or the "Album list" URL other than the CR  Galleries. Would it be possible?

This way I would only have one point of entry to allow my customers to see and approve different contents, like the CRG for choosing the pictures that they want, a Flipbook album showing the proof of a album that will be printed with all the layouts and pages done, or the proof of a video in Youtube (private), or a Link to they High Res Flickr Album where they can download the individual photos.... or any other idea someone can come up with....

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

#11 2015-01-30 01:23:41

paulo_tebet

I've also noticed the Status "Open for Feedback".  When and how would that status change?  Which are the possible status?

#12 2015-01-30 03:10:17

paulo_tebet

I've bought the Publisher and have installed it to my site. From what I could see, the association between the CRG Albums and "user" is done via "Clients". I have to define a client, and then I will see a link to "Assing CRG albuns" to the client. I do have a CRG album published to my site at www.paulotebet.com/Provas/ClientA-Album1, ClientA-Album2, ClientB-Album2, etc...

But I am getting "No CRG-enabled albums were found"....

Where do I define the "CRG-enable albums" ?  At Lightroom?

Regards,

Paulo

#13 2015-01-30 07:01:22

rod barbee
Website

when you say you have a CRG album published to the site, do you mean through Publisher or through export and upload?

To see the albums in the CRG admin area they must be created by Publisher using a CRG template

the link you provided goes to a log-in page so I can't see any CRG you've created.

I've also noticed the Status "Open for Feedback".  When and how would that status change?  Which are the possible status?

Feedback status can change after a client has provided feedback. I believe that the default is to close feedback after a client submits the form. This only happens with Publisher/CRG client managed albums I believe.

You can change the default Post Submission Action from the CRG back end setup.

I think Status can be either Open or Closed

That credential (email / password) is defined at the BE module? It is not the CRG password ?

Correct.

After seing your example, I was thinking if it would be possible to show under "Your Albuns" or the "Album list" URL other than the CR  Galleries. Would it be possible?

As far as I know, when logged in, a client can only see their albums, hence the breadcrumb that only goes to their albums.
Otherwise, clients can use the regular navigation to go view your public galleries.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer