Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-01-26 04:16:33

4thdesign

Re: Slideshow?

Rod,

I wasnt yelling.

Looks like I have no choice but to go back to the previous version, which I was hoping not to do, but hey ho...... lets see what happens.

Don't worry, I do read documentation, but its not always right, as pointed out earlier.

smile

ps.... as mentioned, I DO appreciate your help, and I know forums are run by a majority of volunteers, did it myself for years.

Last edited by 4thdesign (2015-01-26 04:16:42)

#27 2015-01-26 06:43:53

Ben

Matt uploaded a fix last night.  To get your single pages working:

1. Download CE4 Gallery 6.1.4a
2. Replace the plugin
3. Restart Lightroom
4. Re-export the gallery as you setup for the template
5. Replace the files you had previously uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery

#28 2015-01-26 07:10:04

4thdesign

Thank you Ben.

The HTML single image is now working. Appreciate your help with this.

However, the thumbnail problem is baffling. Have you seen this before?

http://1stphotos.co.uk/galleries.php

Basically, a duplicate/triplicate etc of the random image as set in the gallery/pages in lightroom that show up on the website as per the link above!

#29 2015-01-28 05:10:22

4thdesign

Have rebuilt my pages and gallery and publisher and I still have this issue with a multitude of thumbnails for the image to a gallery.

Have looked at everything that I can think, but nothing to indicate the problem with which I am facing.

Is it css code that needs editing, if so, can someone point me in the right direction of the css file. Happy to edit if necessary, but want to ensure I havent made a boo boo somewhere, and dont want to be replicating that everytime I publish a gallery.

Thanks in advance for your help smile

Last edited by 4thdesign (2015-01-28 05:10:31)

#30 2015-01-28 06:21:19

rod barbee
Website

it's weird because I've never seen that happen before and try as I might, I can't duplicate it.

Do you have CE4 Autoindex as well? If so, try uploading a test index and populate it with a gallery or two to see if you get the same results. If you don't, it may just be something corrupted in Pages and you can try reinstalling.

if you want to create a user template of your Pages set up and either post it online for download or email it to me, I'll take a look and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#31 2015-01-28 12:01:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The page is an auto index (CE4 Auto Index). But the style-component.css file it's using is from a gallery (CE4 Gallery). Did you overwrite the exported stylesheet with one from a gallery? There's nothing else I can think of except that you've somehow managed to put the wrong file in the wrong place.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#32 2015-01-29 01:44:48

4thdesign

Rod, Matthew,

The only thing I have overwritten if you can call it that, is the file indicated here:

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

So I dont have to enter everything into CE4 Gallery as I originally did in CE4 Pages!

Pretty sure I have put the files in all the right places too, and the only indication that my FTP is going to overwrite something, is when FTP'ing all the files in the CE4 Pages folder to the root of my domain, so hence overwritting what was previously there from a previous creation.

Think I may just delete everything and start from scratch, what do you guys think?

#33 2015-01-29 02:15:35

rod barbee
Website

Think I may just delete everything and start from scratch, what do you guys think?

might be a good idea. Or first try re-uploading the entire lib/ folder from your Pages export to the root of your site, over-writing the one already in the root of your site.

as Matt points out, the component.css file your Galleries page is using is one intended for Gallery. I just compared yours to the one my Galleries page uses. Completely different.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer