Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-24 21:51:04

markh
Website

Customer logins not working

Clients are setup in TTG-be CRG admin. Gallery is assigned to the client. Tried enabling and disabling password in publisher. Deleted gallery and republished. Here's a link to the gallery login screen: http://www.marks-photos.com/ttg-be/crg/?album_id=80767  User= me@me.com   Password=me.  Must be something simple I've missed because it usually is.
Regards, Mark

#2 2015-01-24 22:04:06

Ben

Re: Customer logins not working

Hi Mark,  the password controls enabled in the template are interfering with the CRG login.  This is a bug that we'll need to look into. In the mean time, a workaround is to disable password controls in the web module before exporting the template.

#3 2015-01-24 22:08:52

markh
Website

Can do. Thanks Ben.

#4 2015-01-24 22:10:06

eckart-bartnik

I might have had the same problem, see the post earlier. Ben answered, that there might be a bug to fix. He recommended in a mail to me: "Until then, this can be fixed by exporting a new template with "Enable Password Protection" unchecked.  Then select this new template for the CRG Template in the CRG Settings."
I unchecked the box enable password, made a new CRG template, exported it and connected the album with it. Now I see directly the login and can login with the e-mail. I suppose with the checked 'enable' password' two login instances are created. The first with the login credentials as given in the album setting, and the other through the 'Edit client' in the Client Response gallery Admin. But the TTG folks may know better.

#5 2015-01-24 22:21:58

Ben

eckart-bartnik wrote:

I suppose with the checked 'enable' password' two login instances are created. The first with the login credentials as given in the album setting, and the other through the 'Edit client' in the Client Response gallery Admin. But the TTG folks may know better.

That's pretty much it.  The CRG login and the album password protection are two separate mechanisms.  The latter simple shouldn't be in the CRG template, even if enabled in the web module before export.  That's something for us to fix.

Board footer