Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-22 01:20:48

Stephane

'Album Set' folders on server

I have successfully installed CE4 CRG. My question is: can I use the same gallery 'Album Set' folders on my server I'm using for the CE3 galleries or do I need to create new 'Album Set' folders for the CE4 galleries?
There are some files inside the 'album set' folders (gallery.xml, autoindex.xml) and I wonder if that will cause a problem.
Thank you

#2 2015-01-22 01:51:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: 'Album Set' folders on server

if I understand your question:

I suppose you could simply upload your CE4 CRGs to your existing CE3 album sets via ftp. they won't be manageable by Publisher though.

but if you want to manage your CE4 CRG galleries with Publisher, you'll need CE4 Publisher to do that. And if you want the CRG albums to be in Album Sets, you'll also need CE4 Autoindex.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-22 02:17:56

Stephane

Thanks Rod for your reply. I forgot to mention that I use CE4 Publisher.

I'm confused about the need of Autoindex. For the last year I have used only CE3 Publisher together with CE3 CRG. There was no need for Autoindex. I publish my galleries through Publisher in LR and use a little php script on my website for clients to access their gallery. That has worked perfectly well in the past.

Now, the problem is actually more complicated. I have just created a new 'Album Set' inside my gallery folder using Publisher CE4. No problem here, the folder has been created on my server in the correct location. I have then created a CE4 CRG album inside this  album set with a few images and published it. In the top status bar in LR next to the Publish button I can see the correct path for the album. I have then published the album which seemed to work fine. After publishing it the browser opened with the correct link but automatically redirected to http://mysite/ttg-be/crg/?a=login asking for an email and password???

But the most worrying thing is that there is actually no album on my server - my album set folder is empty!!!

Where did LR upload the album to? As I said, the 'Album Set' folder has been created but it's empty.

I really need help with this.

Thank you.

#4 2015-01-22 02:29:49

Stephane

Correction: The newly created album is in the album set folder - I think Filezilla hasn't managed to update the folder view in the first place.

However, typing in the URL to the album will still redirect me to a login screen. By the way, I have disabled the use of password in the album settings. The frame with the login request comes actually from my CRG template.

Cheers

#5 2015-01-22 02:43:07

rod barbee
Website

I'm confused about the need of Autoindex.

You said you were using 'album sets". You need CE4 autoindex to create Album Sets with CE4 Publisher (that is, if you're creating an index page to match the rest of your site rather than just placing the albums in a folder)

in the Album setup/edit dialog, under the Integration tab, you'll see a drop down for Client Management. Try changing that from Managed by CRG Admin (which will require you to create a client and assign email and password) to Standalone, which I don't believe will require login.

either that or go into the ttg-be/crg set up and create a client. Then assign that album to the client. You'll then be able to login to the gallery using the email and password you set up for that client

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-01-22 19:53:52

Stephane

Thank you Rod, that has made things clearer. The album is now accessible as usual. I will definitely explore the password options - sounds useful to me.
Cheers
Stephane

#7 2015-01-22 23:09:36

rod barbee
Website

really useful, especially if you have several clients to manage.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer