Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-18 02:13:48

reinharw

Using Publisher w/AutoIndex

I'm confused how to configure autoIndex when using publisher.  I have several questions. 

1) Must my autoindex directory, containing my galleries/albums, be in the gallery directory?

2) Where do I put my autoindex template?  The documentation says put it in /ttg-be/templates/autoindex.  When I configure my publisher autoindex entry, all I can see are templates I stored in the /ttg-be/templates/gallery.

3) Once I create an autoindex publisher album, where will it put it?  From what I can see, it looks like it puts it in the gallery directory.  Is that correct or can I change it?  See question 1

FYI:  Currently, I have one menu item (Special Occasions) pointing to the gallery directory.  I have a second menu item (recipes) pointing to my autoindex directory (subordinate to the root directory or at the same level as gallery.  Here's my current directory structure:

/
/autoindex
/fragments
/galleries
/lib
/photos
/phplugins
/search
/thumbnails
/ttg-be
  /ttg-be/admin
  /ttg-be/data
  /ttg-be/framework
  /ttg-be/publisher
  /ttg-be/templates
  /ttg-be/templates/autoindex
  /ttg-be/templates/gallery

Also, in case it helps, here is the url to my website as described above.  www.williphotos.com

Thanks in advance.  Ron's answers to my last question(s) were "spot on" and cleared up my confusion.  Thank you.

Bill

#2 2014-12-18 02:44:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: Using Publisher w/AutoIndex

1) Must my autoindex directory, containing my galleries/albums, be in the gallery directory?

Since you're using Pages, then no. The Galleries page of Pages is an autoindex.

If you need a second index, like it appears you're doing with your recipes page, then no. Export and upload an autoindex to the root of your site like you've done. I'd rename it 'recipes' rather than autoindex though.

2) Where do I put my autoindex template?  The documentation says put it in /ttg-be/templates/autoindex.  When I configure my publisher autoindex entry, all I can see are templates I stored in the /ttg-be/templates/gallery.

Export an autoindex. Upload the entire exported folder to the ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder.
From Publisher, right click and choose Create Album Set. The template you uploaded will be available.

3) Once I create an autoindex publisher album, where will it put it?  From what I can see, it looks like it puts it in the gallery directory.  Is that correct or can I change it?

There is no such thing as an autoindex album. Albums are created by Publisher from templates created by Gallery or Stage.
Album Sets are created by Publisher using templates created with Autoindex

For your main Pages setup, /galleries/ is your top level gallery folder and everything will be put in that folder.

If you want to use Publisher with your Recipes page, then create a second Publisher instance and target that folder as the top level gallery folder. You'll have access to all your gallery/album and autoindex/album set templates that you've already uploaded. To create a second Publisher instance, just right-click on the first one and select "Create another Publisher service..."

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer