Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-11 22:45:40

aebolzan
Website

why some galleries are not updated?

Yesterday I modified my gallery templates. I uploaded them via ftp and then republished the galleries in order to update the site. Thge funny thing is that some galleries exhibit now the new template while others not. I wonder what is going on....
see for instance: http://agustinbolzan.com.ar/english/gal … cent-work/ and http://agustinbolzan.com.ar/english/gal … ack-white/

It is supposed that both are using the same template ("english") that is located in: /public_html/english/ttg-be/templates/gallery/english/ , but is seemingly doesn't. Any clue?

Agustin

#2 2014-12-12 00:04:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: why some galleries are not updated?

the first gallery you linked to is a Publisher controlled album. So when you update the template, that album is updated.

The second gallery you linked to is not a Publisher controlled album. It's an exported and uploaded gallery. Since it's not a Publisher Album, it won't be updated when you update the template. You'll need to make the changes to that gallery in Lightroom, export, and upload.

Or, even better, just delete it from the server and create a new Album to republish those images.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-12-13 23:04:48

aebolzan
Website

Dear Rod,

I have deleted the "Black-White" folder in my site. Then I created a new album with Publisher called "Monochrome" (just to avoid any conflict with the previous name) and published the album....now what I get is
" Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /english/galleries/monochrome/ on this server."

Seems that I still don't understand quite well how Publisher and Gallery work.....before Publisher I used to prepare a Gallery, export it with the photos and then upload by ftp. Now, as far as I understand, I only need to prepare a Gallery template, upload it to /public_html/english/ttg-be/templates/gallery/, create an album, add the photos and publish it. Is that so or I am messing things once again?....

thanks for your patience and help...

Agustin

#4 2014-12-14 01:09:50

rod barbee
Website

I think you understand how it should work perfectly well.
You already have one publisher controlled album on your Galleries page, so it appears to be working correctly.

when I tried to access /english/galleries/monochrome/index.php or mobile.php I get a page not found error. can you access the monochrome folder via ftp and see what files are there?

are you using the same template for the "monochrome" album as you are for the "recent work" album?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-12-14 05:04:25

aebolzan
Website

Yes, I am using the same template for both albums and I can access the monochrome folder via ftp. What I see there is:
[photos]
[thumbnails]
[thumbnails-for-mobile]
autoindex.xml
gallery.xml

which, by the way, is not the same what I see under Recent work folder....where, among several .php files named as the images, I also find
[lib]
[custom_thumbnails]
[phpplugins-sample]
setup.xml
.htaccess
etc....

Last edited by aebolzan (2014-12-14 05:33:31)

#6 2014-12-14 05:54:55

aebolzan
Website

Well.....Murphy's law....now I have deleted the former Black and White Album from the Publisher, remove all traces from the server (by deleting the Album) and then recreated the same Album with the same template.....and worked!!....so...what I would like to know now is what is expected to be found in the folders in the site, because I see that I have a lot of files in each folder as consecuence of having messed up the uploading process....as I first uploaded galleries exported from LR and the created the Albums for maintenace in the future, and that's seems to be WRONG WRONG WRONG........

I guess it should be better to delete all folders via ftp, delete all albums, and the start from scratch working only with Albums and use Gallery just for creating templates, nothing more......right?

Agustin

#7 2014-12-14 06:07:02

rod barbee
Website

don't delete any albums or album sets via ftp. All of that should be handled by Publisher.
The only things that should be deleted via ftp are things you uploaded via ftp.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2014-12-14 06:13:52

aebolzan
Website

that's was my first mistake......now I am deleting all albums one by one an recreate them....till now it works fine.....so, just to be clear: what I should find under the folder of each album in my site should be:

[photos]
[custom_thumbnails]
[thumbnails-for-mobile]
[thumbnails]
autoindex.xml
gallery.xml
download.php
mobile.php
single.php
.htaccess
index.php
lib.php

and nothing else...right? If anything else appears, something is wrong, right?

Agustin

Last edited by aebolzan (2014-12-14 06:24:14)

#9 2014-12-14 06:35:00

rod barbee
Website

kind of depends on what you've got enabled (like downloads). For example, one if mine has:

custom_thumbnails/
photos/
thumbnails/
thumbnails-for-mobile/
.htaccess
autoindex.xml
download.php
gallery.xml
index.php
lib.php
mobile.php
single.php

some of those others you mentioned, like phplugins-sample/ only show up in directly uploaded galleries.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer