Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-03 08:19:19

speacock110

Incorrect Path shown in lightroom

The path shown in the bar above images in lightroom is incorrect it changes as you change Album or Album set however the leading section prior to /galleries is not the same as where I am publishing to Tested this and I am actually publishing to the correct location as set in the Publisher Services configuration..

I want to sort out issues like this and confirm that all works on a local machine prior to syncing to a live server due to migration problems. To this end I have copied the ttg-be folder and gallery folder to another local server on a different machine with different root url name, lightroom is still showing the old one.

So could you tell me where lightroom gets this from and how to change it or allow it to be picked up from the Published Services setup.

#2 2014-08-03 09:12:04

rod barbee
Website

Re: Incorrect Path shown in lightroom

What path are you talking about? Can you be specific? Maybe include a screen shot?

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-03 09:12:59)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-03 09:14:15

rod barbee
Website

Maybe you're referring to the breadcrumbs preview in Lightroom?
That's for styling only, it has nothing to do with what you're actually publishing

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2014-08-03 09:52:51

speacock110

Not yet worked out how to add screen shoot. But it is on the same line as the TTG CE$ Publisher text and logo, next to the publish button. Its starts of with in my case sp-wildphotography.local/galleries/album......... the sp-wildphotography.local is the host name on another machine not the one I am using at the moment to test transporting my galleries. on this machine it should be ce4-gallery.site/galleries/ ........ I am looking into reasons why I am having difficulties porting my galleries around I always copy the ttg-be as well as the galleries folder to maintain the database. However republishing has turned to be somewhat of a trial with stack overflows republishing finishing with images still to go. So until I am happy there is a stable product and I can upload/ publish images on the go I will stick to CE3 for live galleries.

#5 2014-08-03 10:53:49

rod barbee
Website

to include a screen shot, place an image online.
In your post, click the image icon above the message box (next to the color wheel) and paste in the URL to the image between the IMG tags.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-08-03 10:57:45

rod barbee
Website

the Publisher instance you created only knows to publish to the top level folder you designate during set up.

Have you created a new Publisher instance for publishing to the local machine?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-08-03 18:10:13

speacock110

No I don't create a new publisher instance I just copy the two folders ttg-be an galleries. I then change the API path in the existing publisher instance in the lightroom catalogue that is copied to the local HDD on the laptop. Sound messy but it isn't especially as most of it is semi automatically synced. Means I can try out things on an actual copy of the final gallery. I have done this successfully for some time with CE3. I have also had CE3 successfully publishing on a windows 7 machine with PHP then syncing if required. Have also successfully published CE4 on windows but cannot see thumbnails nor open the slideshow by clicking on the thumbnail. Placeholder are visible only.

Anyway test is just finished and I can confirm that it appears that the technique I used before just to make sure everything was ok, does not work on CE4. That is I republish the album sets and galleries without uploading images. Right clicking and selecting Mark to republish on an Album Set does not actually republish the album set, or re set/relink to the template folders reliably.

I discovered this when I right clicked on an album set and selected go to published Album and it tried to go to sp-wildphotography.local not the actual site ce4-gallery.site. Plus one of the album sets gave an error message saying it could not find the template  file (the same one the others use). The fix was to edit the album sets change the template click on edit the change the template back and republish. After republishing all paths are reset to the correct location.

So in conclusion it would be useful if republish did a more complete job on album sets making sure that all links to template locations etc were refreshed. This is a general comment not just to satisfy my weird use

#8 2014-08-03 22:22:11

rod barbee
Website

I tried setting up a testing site for CE4 Pages in WAMP on my Windows 7 machine. When it didn't work (errors related to ttg-be) I asked Ben about it. It has something to do with Windows servers not being supported. He was looking into it but I really doubt it's a high priority.
I figure I can create sub-domains for testing purposes if need be.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-08-03 23:07:24

speacock110

the windows issue it not really important as I will publish to the live site which is Linux. Its just that it is easier to test locally before going live with a new setup. The publish worked ok it is only the viewing of gallery images that is an issue but if I copy to too my mac then all is viewable. The issue was then re-publishing to the copy from lightroom. Now that I have found that republish does not mean what I expected then I can fix that. It is  just a pity that re-publish does not reset all as this fixed a few issues in CE3 when I added new links etc to the templates.

Anyway thanks for the help and comments

Board footer