Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-03 02:29:26

aebolzan
Website

how to configure Publisher CE4

I have configured my CE3 web site (www.agustinbolzan.com.ar)   for both Spanish and  English,  so that I have under public_html:

[english]
[fragments]
[galleries]
[photos]
[phpplugins-sample]
[resources]
[spanish]
[thumbnails]

and    under either   [spanish] or [english], all the same plus  [publisher], so that in  Lightroom  I have two instances of Publisher in   order  to publish in two languages.  Now with ttg-b:  should I also   install two instances of [ttg-be], and     under each one install Publisher?...because for CE3 I needed to

Second  question: while I prepared my new CE4 website....can I still use the  CE3 implementation? Are there any conflict between both version?....

Third one:  with CE3 I had to publish the Home page using Flip Full screen gallery  manually....is still the same with CE4? 

thanks!

Agustin

#2 2014-08-03 02:36:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: how to configure Publisher CE4

you can still create more than one instance of Publisher in Lightroom

while I prepared my new CE4 website....can I still use the  CE3 implementation

this  depends on what you mean by implementation. Some CSS has changed and some structure has changed, so things like phplugins and custom styling likely won't work from CE3 to CE4

with CE3 I had to publish the Home page using Flip Full screen gallery  manually....is still the same with CE4?

In what respect did you have to do this manually? were you using Stage or Pages? I'm not really understanding the question.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-03 04:12:18

aebolzan
Website

let me understand what you say: now with CE4 the  new organisation of my folders under \public-html\  should be:

[english]--------------------------[ttg-be]---[publisher]--------------------[api]
                                                               [fragments]                       [logs]           
                                                               [galleries]                          [templates]
                                                               [photos]                            [templates_autoindex]
                                                               [phpplugins-sample]
                                                               [resources]
                                                               [thumbnails]
[fragments]
[galleries]
[photos]
[phpplugins-sample]
[resources]
[spanish]--------------------------[ttg-be]---[publisher]---------------------[idem above...]
                                                               [fragments]
                                                               [galleries]
                                                               [photos]
                                                               [phpplugins-sample]
                                                               [resources]
                                                               [thumbnails]

right? or can I also install an  instance of Publisher for the root folder? (i.e. at the same level of [spanish] and [english], so that I can publish the pictures of the first Page of  the site)...and yes, I am using Pages....

respect to the second point, the question was if I can use both CE3 and CE4 during a transition time, so that,  I  can update my web site while I am still developing the new one with CE4.

I do not remeber where or when Matt said (for CE3) that it was not possible to upload images to my first Page (which uses Flip, Full-screen Gallery) with an instance of Publisher....so they should to be uploaded manually by ftp.....

thanks a lot for your help,

Agustin

#4 2014-08-03 04:36:45

rod barbee
Website

OK, I see what you're trying to do. Two separate sites, English and Spanish, in the root of the site.
What you have laid out looks like it will work just fine.

But you need an entry page too? And you've been using the full page flip for this?

or can I also install an  instance of Publisher for the root folder? (i.e. at the same level of [spanish] and [english], so that I can publish the pictures of the first Page of  the site)...and yes, I am using Pages....

Yes, but I think you'll need to install an instance of Pages here with it's own ttg-be so that Publisher can manage the Home page gallery:

/Spanish
/English
/Entry/
        ttg-be/
                publisher/

Otherwise you'd need to use a stand-alone Stage page for the Flip gallery entry page and upload any image changes manually.

the question was if I can use both CE3 and CE4 during a transition time, so that,  I  can update my web site while I am still developing the new one with CE4.

sure. One doesn't depend on the other. But you'll have some considerations to think about with respect to Publisher and existing albums. And you won't be able to share any common files like with the Shared Resources feature or phplugins for navigation.

Also, if you want to use the Publisher migration tool that will transfer control of CE3 Publisher managed albums and album sets to CE4, you won't be able add any new albums until after the migration:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _migration

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-08-03 05:00:35

aebolzan
Website

OK, I see what you're trying to do. Two separate sites, English and Spanish, in the root of the site.
What you have laid out looks like it will work just fine.

Yes, it works fine indeed.....(see if you like www.agustinbolzan.com.ar

But you need an entry page too? And you've been using the full page flip for this?

I need the entry page for selecting the language.....

Yes, but I think you'll need to install an instance of Pages here with it's own ttg-be so that Publisher can manage the Home page gallery:

/Spanish
/English
/Entry/
        ttg-be/
                publisher/

Otherwise you'd need to use a stand-alone Stage page for the Flip gallery entry page and upload any image changes manually.

OK!, I will do this...

So for each [publisher] folder there should be a [ttg-be] one above....

the question was if I can use both CE3 and CE4 during a transition time, so that,  I  can update my web site while I am still developing the new one with CE4.

sure. One doesn't depend on the other. But you'll have some considerations to think about with respect to Publisher and existing albums. And you won't be able to share any common files like with the Shared Resources feature or phplugins for navigation.

Also, if you want to use the Publisher migration tool that will transfer control of CE3 Publisher managed albums and album sets to CE4, you won't be able add any new albums until after the migration:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _migration

uhmm....seems  that  it would be better to leave the web site as it is now and prepare a new web site with CE4 and then remove all CE3 from Lightroom and replace the old web site....so that there will be no interference between them

thanks once again!!...

Agustin

#6 2014-08-03 05:41:47

rod barbee
Website

So for each [publisher] folder there should be a [ttg-be] one above....

yes

it would be better to leave the web site as it is now and prepare a new web site with CE4 and then remove all CE3 from Lightroom and replace the old web site....so that there will be no interference between them

I'm planning on migrating my albums from CE3 control to CE4 control once I finally decide on a new design. All I really need to do, I think, is to leave the /galleries/ folder alone and replace all the Pages assets. Then do the migration and then go through the existing albums and album sets and assign them the new CE4 template I'll create. As soon as I come up with a new design....

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer