Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-02 22:50:59

dmeriwether

CE4 Gallery - Horizontal/Vertical format "equalizing"

I have designed my site in CE3 Pages/Gallery, but put publish on hold when I got the notice about CE4 coming. Before I invest the time (more than money) in the upgrade/overhaul, I have a problem/bias/quirk I need to implement. The TTG/CE galleries are biased to horizontal (16x9, 6x4) format, and "diminish" the effect of verticals by reducing them (6x9, 2.7x4). The photographer in me wants "equalization."  I want the image to dictate the crop variation rather than the screen proportions. I want the gallery to show the images in their relative proportions rather than have the screen display distort the size (big horizontal / small vertical).

How can I create a gallery image "container" that is square and maybe elastic, so that it will resize to the crop dimensions of the image - 6x4, 4x6, 5x5, 4x5, 4x4, whatever (and maybe even put a 5px white border around around the image, programmed as image border or container padding)? If not "elastic," then I want to center the image in the container regardless of its crop dimension. I was able to do this in the SlideShowPro LR/Flash plugin I customized. I was able to come close to this effect in the CE3 2014 template and would use it if I could add a slideshow auto play to it.

I have no experience with php, but I am pretty comfortable with html/css. Any help? or do I need to search for a different html 5 / php solution?

#2 2014-08-02 23:06:25

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: CE4 Gallery - Horizontal/Vertical format "equalizing"

I have no idea what you're talking about. The galleries really don't care which is the long side of the image.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer