Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-25 01:06:07

mdb
Website

Entity 'acute' not defined

Dear all,

I'm getting a little desperate. After two days of editing, reloading, reexporting, etc., I keep getting this error message:

DOMDocument::loadXML(): Entity 'acute' not defined in Entity, line: 2|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'DOMDocument::lo...', '/WWW/A/.5c1/g/g...', 47, Array) #1 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/ttg-be/framework/lib/XML2Array.php(47): DOMDocument->loadXML('getBreadcrumbs(Array, true) #5 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/ttg-be/publisher/application/models/SearchAlbumWrapper.php(54): Album->getBreadcrumbsForSearch(Array) #6 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/ttg-be/templates/gallery/OZ-template/template_index.php(268): SearchAlbumWrapper->getPageCopy() #7 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/GalleryController.php(99): include_once('/WWW/A/.5c1/g/g...') #8 [internal function]: GalleryController->search('', 'index') #9 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/ttg-be/framework/controllers/Controller.php(41): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/ttg-be/framework/Framework.php(124): Controller->dispatch(Array) #11 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/search/lib.php(48): Framework->route() #12 /WWW/A/.5c1/g/gbest/htdocs/mortendeboer/operazuid/search/index.php(4): route(Array) #13 {main}|URL: /mortendeboer/operazuid/search/index.php 

In Dutch, the plural of photograph (foto) is "foto's". So that was the title I chose for the menu item with my galleries.
But, I typed a " ' " right from the keyboard (the accent mark). That didn't work, I got all kinds of errors, because it messed up the code in various php-files. I located the accent marks and used a " ’ " (single quote) instead. That worked.
After that I made albums and published them with Publisher, added the autoindex and at first all seemed well. Great even. The search function was super. But then I tried to add breadcrumbs and from the beginning I got the mentioned error message as soon as I opened an album with breadcrumbs in my browser. I thought it had to do with the accent mark and located all these and substituted them with single quotes. Didn't help. So I skipped all the breadcrumbs and re-published all my albums. Now the albums are OK, but now I get the acute-message when I perform a search.
What I did notice, is that there are a lot of accent marks in titles and captions of photos. These seem to cause errors, eg http://www.dbvt.nl/mortendeboer/operazu … elding.png

Does anyone know what causes the error message and how I can get the site working again?
This is the location of the site: http://www.dbvt.nl/mortendeboer/operazuid/
I really would appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance, Morten

Last edited by mdb (2014-07-25 01:07:34)

#2 2014-07-25 05:03:25

rod barbee
Website

Re: Entity 'acute' not defined

what specifically isn't working? The site seems to be working fine for me

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-07-25 08:46:42

Ben

The publisher is having trouble reading http://www.dbvt.nl/mortendeboer/operazuid/gallery.xml
Can you try to edit that file, removing     "&acute;" from this line: <name>foto&acute;s</name>
You should be able to replace it with an apostrophe. 

We'll look into fixing the underlying issue that causes this.

#4 2014-07-25 08:50:29

Ben

Having said that, does it actually say <name>foto&acute;s</name> in the file on the server, or is there an apostrophe there?  I'm seeing different things in different browsers, and can't tell whether the browser is trying to be smart with the apostrophe.

#5 2014-07-25 16:46:13

mdb
Website

Hi Ben,

Thanks for looking into this. Replacing the "&acute;" from the ../gallery.xml file did the trick.

I repeatedly checked all the files on my local copy of the site in order to replace all the "&acute;"s but this file wasn't on my local copy! Apparently it is generated when searching or trying to make breadcrumbs. The latter seem to work now as well, by the way.

And yes, it did say <name>foto&acute;s</name>, and the search worked immediately when I replaced it with an apostrophe ("ALT-SHIFT-}"on my Mac).
I think the "foto&acute;s" were generated by CE4 because when I initially replaced the prime character (I mean the keyboard key between ";" and "\"), I used "&rsquo;", when the problems persisted I tried ALT-SHIFT-}. I'm pretty sure it all started with the spelling of "foto's" as the title of a menu item.

Thank you very much for now. I hope you can find the cause of all this.
Cheers, Morten

#6 2014-07-25 16:49:00

mdb
Website

rod barbee wrote:

what specifically isn't working? The site seems to be working fine for me

Hi Rob, the search function didn't work, and neither did pages with breadcrumbs, but they do now thanks to Bens suggestion.
Morten

#7 2014-07-25 16:54:54

Ben

Hi Morten, I'm glad that worked.  Curiously, '&eacute;' represents é, and not the apostrophe.  Could you have entered that by any chance?  gallery.xml is created by Pages, to communicate to Publisher the link and name to the page linking to the top of your galleries.  With the configurability of Pages, without this file Publisher wouldn't be able to figure out how to reach that link.  For example, it could be 'Services' and services.php, or 'Home' and index.php.  gallery.xml communicates that.
XML formats require special markup for special characters. 

The solution will be for Pages to wrap the value in a <![CDATA[ … ]]> tag.  We won't be able to do that soon, as it requires a change to Publisher before the change can be made to Pages.  So we'd be looking at the version of Pages that comes after the next Publisher update.

Last edited by Ben (2014-07-25 16:55:10)

#8 2014-07-25 21:29:11

mdb
Website

Hi Ben,

I know now that I waited too long before posting my acute-post. I was afraid I would bother you with a problem that I should solve myself. Thanks for the explanation.

About the acute accent itself: When I type "&eacute;" in my html editor, I get the é, but in the xml-file it said "&acute;" which is the acute accent without the e. And I'm pretty sure I typed "foto's" initially and not "foto´s". Strange.

Last edited by mdb (2014-07-25 21:29:45)

Board footer