Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-24 04:45:55

alrobin

Trouble opening gallery page in CE4-based site

I posted earlier under "Publisher" - that problem was fixed by transferring my site to a Unix server (Thanks Rod for your suggestions).   After much undoing and re-doing, I finally got everything together, authenticated, etc., and it worked once.  Then I made a slight change to the site layout (to show fewer photos on one page at a time in the Gallery), and the roof fell in, so to speak.

This is the message I now get when trying to open the website:

"getimagesize(/sites/yuma4/alrob1n/home/public_html/nature1/galleries/BIRDS/thumbnails/_ALR6474.jpg)
[function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
|#0 /sites/yuma4/alrob1n/home/public_html/nature1/lib/autoindex/autoindex.php(189): ErrorHandler::handleError('/sites/yuma4/al...')
#1 /sites/yuma4/alrob1n/home/public_html/nature1/lib/autoindex/autoindex.php(255): autoindex_dir('/sites/yuma4/al...', './galleries/')
#2 /sites/yuma4/alrob1n/home/public_html/nature1/lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php(41): autoindex('./galleries/')
#3 /sites/yuma4/alrob1n/home/public_html/nature1/galleries.php(443): include('/sites/yuma4/al...')
#4 {main}|URL: /nature1/galleries.php"

After the change I had gone back and re-created both the template for ttg-be, and the full gallery page for "galleries".

The first time this occurred, it was zeroing in on a different jpg file, so I removed that image, and now it targets the one shown in the error message.   There was nothing particularly different with these images from all the others.

Here is the link to the offending page:  http://www.alrobinson.com/nature1/index.php.   Click on the "Galleries" heading.

My brain is still swimming from all the tedious work involved in getting this far, so it's quite possible I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,
.............Al R

Last edited by alrobin (2014-07-24 04:50:18)

#2 2014-07-24 05:12:46

alrobin

Re: Trouble opening gallery page in CE4-based site

I thought about this some more (that was difficult as my head is still swimming), and although I thought I had "permissionized" everything recommended in the TTG documentation, I went back and changed everything in the folder to "777".   Bingo!   My site now loads properly.   About the only folder I hadn't changed the permissions for was the main "lib" folder.  Go figure!   Thanks everyone who read the previous post - your brainwaves must have helped!

..........Al R

Last edited by alrobin (2014-07-24 05:15:06)

Board footer