Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-12 20:50:14

RPPugh
Website

Responsive masthead?

I've just come back to my attempts to get a site working with CE3, after a gap of several months, and I don't know whether I'm mis-remembering, or I've got something wrong this time round.

I've created a graphical masthead - a PNG 1140 pixels wide, with text on the left and an image on the right. To my dismay, when I shrink the window to test the responsive design, the masthead doesn't scale, but cuts off the sides of the graphic (or just one side, depending whether I am aligning left or centre). This is using CE3 Pages.

I thought that I'd achieved this previously - or at least seen it on someone else's site. Am I wrong?

Richard

#2 2014-02-12 21:29:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Responsive masthead?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-02-12 22:52:43

RPPugh
Website

Ah ! Thanks Rod.

I had read that many months ago, but I'd completely forgotten about it, and this time through, I'd read what I though were the relevant sections of the Wiki, but didn't get as far as the PHP plugin descriptions.

The implication then is that, unlike images, the masthead doesn't get automatically scaled, which is a shame.

What I was trying to achieve is a masthead with text aligned to the left hand edge, and an image aligned to the right hand edge that would work for any window size. I can see the need for an alternative for phones and small tablets as described for the plugin, but can't see how to achieve the full, aligned display given user control over browser window width.

Unless you can suggest another alternative, I think that I'm going to have to redesign my masthead, darn it!

Richard

#4 2014-02-13 15:24:48

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The implication then is that, unlike images, the masthead doesn't get automatically scaled, which is a shame.

The masthead will resize with display width, like any other image.

You can use the PHPlugins tutorial to setup dynamic mastheads for HiDPI displays and various screen sizes, or you can gut the masthead completely and replace it with something of your own design.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2014-02-13 21:02:49

RPPugh
Website

Matthew

Thanks for setting that straight - yet again I had let myself be confused by something that doesn't work quite right in the LR Web Module preview - when I uploaded to my trial site, it scaled exactly as I wanted it to.

I've still got one oddity - in trying different layouts, I find that if I have the Masthead within Navigation, then as I shrink the window width, it will clip the masthead image until it gets to the point where the menu collapses for mobile - then the whole masthead image scales and displays again.

However, I'm probably not going to use that variation, so it can remain an oddity!

Richard

Board footer