Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-13 11:56:18

DennisKeyes

Problems setting up cart

I am having difficulties figuring out how to set up the cart.  I have essentially two questions
1) I wish to offer all photos in an album multiple ways:  as Digital downloads, as photographic prints, as giclée prints, as prints on canvas and on aluminum.  Can I assign multiple pricing schemes to the same product?
2) I wish to offer items I have photographed for other artists for sale in an album or as images uploaded to my img file which I created in the custom folder.  Which would be the best way to do this while being able to utilize the cart?  Each item will be priced individually and there are no multiples of any items.   Would it even be possible to utilize the cart for this application?

#2 2019-05-13 13:09:40

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problems setting up cart

1) You actually assign products to pricing schemes. Create all the products you need and then assign them to a Pricing Scheme.

2) http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … _purchases

You can price individually either using Mixed Pricing https://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto … ht-albums/

Or write in buttons. http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … se_buttons

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-05-14 05:09:22

DennisKeyes

Thanks for the advice.  I think I followed you but I still have a problem with question #1.  I have not yet tried to solve #2.
  I created   6 products:
1) Aluminum Prints
2) Canvas Prints
3) Digital Download
4) Giclée Prints
5) Glass art  (will have separate price scheme)
6) Photographic Prints

I created several pricing schemes, most of which I will delete.  The one scheme which should work is All Print Products.   It includes Products 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 from above.  I assigned prices to all items and options. 

I edited an album in LRPub utilizing a template I called Cart - Pangolin Album.  Under Integration I checked "Enable Cart", and entered "All Print Products" as the Cart Pricing Profile. 
I marked all images to republish, just to be sure,  and I cleared the template cache. 
When I go to the site and view the album the cart icon is visible but when I click the icon either on the thumbnail or on the large image, I get an unwelcome message.  "No products are available for purchase.  Please try again later or contact the photographer if this problem persists".  All of my previous efforts also resulted in this same message.  I am missing something somewhere???

The page in question:   
http://denniskeyesphotography.com/backl … servatory/

BL2 Guest Admin Login:
User:   admin-ben
Password:   asdfg54321

#4 2019-05-14 05:14:13

rod barbee
Website

it seems to be working for me.
Try this: go to the Cart dashboard and click on Reset the customer's cart in this browser
and try again.
You can also try looking in a different browser.

I don't know if it's documented anywhere, but after making any changes in the cart, before you'll see the changes take place in the same browser you're using at the time you need to reset the cart.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-05-15 00:06:16

DennisKeyes

Reset cart worked great.  It is not documented anywhere I looked.  Thanks for your help. 
On to problem 2
I have LR 5.  It does not have a "Category" field in metadata.  Do you know if LR 6 has it or must I upgrade to LR CC? 
Is there another way to set individual prices?  Here is the gallery I want to set up
http://denniskeyesphotography.com/backl … est/glass/
I used a pangolin album template, Glass Art as my product,  and Glass Art Jewelry as my pricing scheme.

#6 2019-05-15 00:10:46

rod barbee
Website

I believe that LR5 does have the Category field. In the drop-down at the top of the Metadata control panel in Library, choose IPTC. you should find it there somewhere. In LR Classic it's under "Content"

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2019-05-15 00:52:05

DennisKeyes

Found it.  Thank you!

#8 2019-05-15 23:17:15

DennisKeyes

I entered the "Glass Art Jewelry" pricing scheme with multiple pricing in the "Category" field in LR.  I created an album template "Glass Art single price" utilizing the cart add-on and created and album, "Glass Art Jewelry by Marina".  I still got the error message, "No items available..."
Still something missing? 
A bigger problem has occurred.  I took a break after the above described fail and came back to work this morning.  For some reason, I cannot now connect to BL2 or to my website.  I: get this message:
This site can’t be reached The connection was reset.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I have good internet connection.  I have no proxies checked.  My firewall is turned off.  WTF happened?

#9 2019-05-15 23:44:53

DennisKeyes

Never mind the connection problem.  I rebooted my modem and was able to establish connection.  Not your problem anyway.
I also found that after resetting the modem, I now have a cart visible.  I see that I will have to rename the files to correspond with  whatever I want the "Item Name" to be. 
Final question:  How to assign individual prices.  There does not seem to be anywhere to do that either in BL2 or LRPub.
denniskeyesphotography.com/backlight-2-test/glass

#10 2019-05-15 23:49:20

rod barbee
Website

I have no problem connecting to your site. Have you tried a different browser?

I looked at the "Glass Art Jewelry by Marina" album, the cart is working for me. (It looks like all images have the Glass Art Jewelry pricing scheme in the Category field. The add-to-cart window pops up and the price is $100)

Is this just a test album? because if you're placing the same pricing scheme in all images, you might as well just enter the pricing scheme in the pricing scheme field of the album set up.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2019-05-15 23:52:47

rod barbee
Website

Final question:  How to assign individual prices.

This is the Mixed Pricing option and the only reason to put pricing schemes in the Category field.

There's an option in the album template in the Cart Add-on section to use Mixed Pricing

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2019-05-16 00:22:08

DennisKeyes

When I set up everything I used the routine you recommended.  I created a new template with cart add-on and the mixed pricing scheme ON.  Within the pricing scheme properties setup there is a place to select  the products to apply.  I chose only Glass Art and no packages.
Within the Pricing scheme  Manage pricing, there are only two fields, minimum order (I entered $25) and only one place to enter price (I entered $100 as a test).  I since have changed the price to $0, and after resetting the cart, it appears as $0.
My problem is this:
There does not appear to be any place to set individual prices for each item in the album.

#13 2019-05-16 00:43:54

DennisKeyes

After reading over your last few responses, I am pondering what the implications of this statement are:
"Is this just a test album? because if you're placing the same pricing scheme in all images, you might as well just enter the pricing scheme in the pricing scheme field of the album set up."

I do have the pricing scheme entered in the pricing scheme field of the album setup.  Is it over-riding the pricing scheme entered in the metadata " Category" field?  I will try removing it from the album setup and see if that fixes the problem.  I will let you know how that works out.

#14 2019-05-16 00:51:16

DennisKeyes

Removing the pricing scheme from the album setup did not fix the problem.  I reset the cart and cleared the template cache in the process.....

#15 2019-05-16 01:22:45

rod barbee
Website

DennisKeyes wrote:

After reading over your last few responses, I am pondering what the implications of this statement are:
"Is this just a test album? because if you're placing the same pricing scheme in all images, you might as well just enter the pricing scheme in the pricing scheme field of the album set up."

I do have the pricing scheme entered in the pricing scheme field of the album setup.  Is it over-riding the pricing scheme entered in the metadata " Category" field?  I will try removing it from the album setup and see if that fixes the problem.  I will let you know how that works out.

If you have the album template set to "Mixed Pricing," the pricing scheme in the Category metadata field will take precedence.
If that pricing scheme name is incorrect (misspelled, etc) then you'll get an error.
If there is no pricing scheme in the Category field, then the pricing scheme entered in the album set up will be used.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2019-05-16 01:23:38

rod barbee
Website

DennisKeyes wrote:

Removing the pricing scheme from the album setup did not fix the problem.  I reset the cart and cleared the template cache in the process.....

what is the problem? When I looked at it, clicking on the cart icon brought up the add-to-cart box. The price of all items was $100

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2019-05-16 01:25:59

rod barbee
Website

DennisKeyes wrote:

When I set up everything I used the routine you recommended.  I created a new template with cart add-on and the mixed pricing scheme ON.  Within the pricing scheme properties setup there is a place to select  the products to apply.  I chose only Glass Art and no packages.
Within the Pricing scheme  Manage pricing, there are only two fields, minimum order (I entered $25) and only one place to enter price (I entered $100 as a test).  I since have changed the price to $0, and after resetting the cart, it appears as $0.
My problem is this:
There does not appear to be any place to set individual prices for each item in the album.

the way to set individual prices for each item is to create individual pricing schemes. Assign a different pricing scheme to the Category field of each item.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#18 2019-05-16 01:43:39

rod barbee
Website

DennisKeyes wrote:

I see that I will have to rename the files to correspond with  whatever I want the "Item Name" to be.

If I remember correctly, the Item Name is take from the Title metadata field. If that field is empty, then the file name is used.
So try adding a title to the metadata and republish

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer