Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-11 04:42:42

paulpegg

Some album questions

It's been an intense week but i am about ready to move the test site over to the main area and have a few management questions.

How do I delete test albums and album sets? Through LR>Publisher?

When I convert the CE4 sets can I do them one at a time or are they done all at once?

Do I need to set up any pages ahead of time for the converted sets or is that taken care of automatically.

I have one set that is not finished yet. How do I publish the new album to a converted set using LR? I assume Publisher will not have the appropriate set.

There a few housekeeping items to still touch on the test bed but nothing killer.

http://corvette-photography.com/TestBL2/

#2 2019-05-11 05:33:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Some album questions

How do I delete test albums and album sets? Through LR>Publisher?

Yes. If for some reason they fail to delete, you can delete through Backlight.

When I convert the CE4 sets can I do them one at a time or are they done all at once?

the migration from CE4 Publisher to Backlight Publisher is done all at once
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … _backlight

Do I need to set up any pages ahead of time for the converted sets or is that taken care of automatically.

The album sets and albums will still be the same. You'll need to assign templates to them however.

I have one set that is not finished yet. How do I publish the new album to a converted set using LR? I assume Publisher will not have the appropriate set.

you can migrate what you have and finish it off later.

You may need to go through your albums and republish metadata, so look for missing captions and such after migration and reassigment of templates.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-05-11 05:51:29

paulpegg

If you recall, my site is a hybrid of CE3 and CE4 sets and albums. I failed in the past to convert the old ones to CE4. Do you think this CE4 to BL conversion with have any effect on the CE3's?

#4 2019-05-11 06:23:24

Daniel Leu
Website

paulpegg wrote:

If you recall, my site is a hybrid of CE3 and CE4 sets and albums. I failed in the past to convert the old ones to CE4. Do you think this CE4 to BL conversion with have any effect on the CE3's?

no

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2019-05-11 06:58:42

rod barbee
Website

paulpegg wrote:

I don’t think they’ll show up in a Backlight album set so you’ll probably need to keep a CE3 Autoindex to display CE3 galleries.

Best thing to do would be to convert them to Backlight albums.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer