Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-24 20:27:36

bpeder
Website

Multilevel password

I want to set password protection on a top level album set and thus protect lower level album sets and albums without having to set password on those. The problem is that if you know the url to the lower level album sets or albums, you will have access to them without having to enter password.

Is my understanding of how the access control works correct? In any case, how can this be resolved? I want to avoid forcing the user to enter password on each album.

Bjarne

#2 2019-02-24 23:28:46

rod barbee
Website

Re: Multilevel password

What kind of albums are these?

If they are Client Response then you can use the Managed option. Hide the album set and just give your clients the url: yoursite.com/backlight/clients. They will be taken to a login page and only be able to see their own albums.

If these are just regular albums then you really only have the options available. You can protect the albums and the sets, but they will require separate logins.
If your concern is that those viewing an album set will see the cover pictures to others’ albums, you can use custom css to hide those thumbnails.

If your visitors have multiple albums, you can create a protected album set for each person/client

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer