Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-18 01:56:50

markh
Website

New photo arranger is great but pricing scheme on all photos changed.

Love the photo arrangement option but all my pricing schemes have changed to digital download only. Um, we're talking hundreds of images. Haven't tried republishing yet. Is that a step that needs to be done after rearranging images?
Mark

#2 2019-02-18 02:05:25

markh
Website

Re: New photo arranger is great but pricing scheme on all photos changed.

Further exploration reveals that every image on my website has had its pricing scheme changed to digital download only, even the albums where no image rearrangement was done. Sadly, this includes all my client albums as well. Rather a bad situation.

One item more: republishing the images doesn't help. The pricing scheme is not being uploaded.
Any chance you can send me a link of some sort to backtrack to the previous version of backlight? The one before 2.0.7
I'd really like to fix this ASAP and the previous version was working great, albeit without photo rearrangement capabilities.
Mark

Last edited by markh (2019-02-18 02:17:08)

#3 2019-02-18 05:20:59

rod barbee
Website

Further exploration reveals that every image on my website has had its pricing scheme changed

I just looked at your site. The first album I looked at has all sorts of print options. https://photophart.com/gallery/10000-square-meters/

I looked at several albums. All of those I looked at (I tried several albums and several images in each album) had print options

I can also see different data-price attributes to images in an album. So the Mixed Pricing is working.

Try resetting the cart perhaps?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2019-02-18 05:31:28

Ben

While this isn't a solution, the latest changes don't touch the pricing schemes.

#5 2019-02-18 10:36:13

markh
Website

Rod, wrong site. Try https://markhoffmanphotography.com

#6 2019-02-18 10:46:33

markh
Website

Have tried resetting cart. No go. Tried Update Album Files. No go. Republished an album again. No change. All images have been changed to a pricing scheme of digital download only and they can't be changed.

#7 2019-02-18 11:17:01

rod barbee
Website

Are all your albums using Mixed Pricing?

What prodects are in your Default pricing scheme?

Can you check to make sure your album template is set to use Mixed Pricing (if that’s what you’re using)?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#8 2019-02-18 11:30:21

markh
Website

Template set for mixed pricing. Albums are set to use default pricing scheme. Default scheme uses several different print sizes and digital DL. Many other pricing schemes are available and are assigned on a per photo basis. And all of this was working perfectly until the update to 2.0.7 .
Examination of the tables shows the pricing schemes assigned to the photos are still there. Apparently, BL isn't seeing the pricing scheme in the tables. Since this has happened to every single image in every album in every directory that might be diagnostic of what's gone bonkers.

#9 2019-02-18 12:03:24

markh
Website

Slogging through the possible things that I've seen cause this type of problem in Backlight and the previous CE products I finally got to cart shipping. Lo and behold the culprit stood before me in bright red letters. Standard shipping, enabled and default was listed as "incomplete". Hadn't checked it before because I knew it was complete. Indeed, had to be complete for everything to work. In this case, however, shipping pricing on Packages had been reset to nulls. I'm quite sure all those empty slots had entries in them, but they were gone. Anyway it was quick work to re-enter the data that had been there because clicking the empty box opened a drop-down revealing the number that had been there previously. I'm still checking all the albums but on the surface it appears the pricing schemes have returned and the problem is solved.
Regards, Mark

Board footer