Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 09:55:03

youloveben
Website

How to change "form crg-fields" in "submissionForm-content"

My clients keep accidentally adding my name and my email address in their CRG feedback submission forms.

After all, it just says "Name" and "Email" so I can see how they might assume that the form is asking them "to whom/where do you want to submit this information to?"

Where can I change the submission form titles to have them specify your name and your email address?

I assumed it would be  in .../backlight/client-response/manage_language/ but I don't see any option to edit these form titles.

Thanks again!

#2 2019-02-02 10:11:50

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to change "form crg-fields" in "submissionForm-content"

Try the main language settings

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-15 04:57:46

youloveben
Website

Hey there, Rod.

I assumed it would be in .../backlight/client-response/manage_language/ but I don't see any option to edit these form titles. Anyone know why they aren't in there?

And sure enough, I see what seems to be relevant options in the MAIN language settings: These options appear under the headings "Contact Forms" and "Clients" but even if I change both options to "Your name" etc, nothing changes in any republished (or new) Client Response Galleries. I don't think these options apply to CRG.

I'm getting the same problem in a few areas, in that people don't read things they don't think apply.

I'm amazed how many people get stumped on "where is the submit button?" simply because it's not clearly labelled (and yes, each CRG states "Click on the heart-counter button (top right of this page) to submit your image choices" but apparently very few people read that sentence).

For example, right under the SUBMIT FEEDBACK title on CRG submisssion forms, it clearly states "Please enter your details below" but the font is really small, and people aren't reading it.

They're assuming the form is asking "Where do you want this submission sent to?" when they see the "Name/Email/Message" headings.

This happens so often, it hurts; about 50% of my clients make this mistake, and over 80% of my clients "can't find the submit button".

The only thing I can think to do is to make the UI a little easier to understand for them, but that's proving to be harder than I expected.

Last edited by youloveben (2019-02-15 04:58:26)

#4 2019-02-15 08:20:01

rod barbee
Website

And sure enough, I see what seems to be relevant options in the MAIN language settings: These options appear under the headings "Contact Forms" and "Clients" but even if I change both options to "Your name" etc, nothing changes in any republished (or new) Client Response Galleries. I don't think these options apply to CRG.

They will change. You may need to completely close the browser and then reopen to see the change. Or look in another browser.

You also have this field in the Client Response Language settings:
TEXT_PROVIDE_DETAILS Where you can explicitly instruct people to use their own details.

I just changed the form on my test site to this:

crg-form-details.jpg

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2019-02-15 09:19:17

youloveben
Website

Ah right... browser cache.

My bad, changing those options totally worked!

"Poke", heh.

Board footer