Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-22 22:36:55

pideja

Publisher problem

Trying to update by adding an album to pideja.ca/gbc. I usually do this thru Lightroom. But, this time I get an error stating I cannot update this collection! Since I recently did some work on other sub-sites I maintain, and that I had updated the Publisher plug-in for these sites, I thought that this might be the problem. Checking the plugins in Lightroom, I notice that the plugin managing the GBC site is of an older version. So, I changed it for the latest one, version 4.
That's when all hell broke loose!
Now, if I try to update or upload the GBC site, I get this:erreur and Lightroom freezes up. I have to force quit the application.
Trying to update or upload or otherwise re-publish any other of my publications returns this:erreur.
Going back to the plugin manager, I check that the updated plugin is activated and then check the authentification...erreur But the path already ends with "publisher/"

Finally, I successfully updated the new GBC album thru Backlight. No problem, except that now, the new album does not show in the "Productions" drop-down menu. It shows when double-clicking on the "Productions" menu title and the album thumbnails show.

I've been known to mess things up but this time I really did it.

Should I delete all TTG plugins I have in the plugin manager and re-install only one plugin (the latest)? What will happen to all the already published sites?

#2 2018-12-22 22:44:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher problem

The latest TTG Publisher plugin should, I believe, also be able to manage CE4 sites, but not CE3 or earlier.
I’ve not tested that lately though.
So if you’re still running CE3 or CE 2 sites, don’t delete those versions of the Publisher plug in.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-12-22 22:50:41

rod barbee
Website

Someone else just reported a similar error. Has your host changed anything, like updating the php version?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2018-12-23 03:31:33

pideja

PHP version: 5.6.30

So, except for CE3 & CE2 sites, I should remove all Publisher plugins (I have one v3.2.2, two v4 and two v2.2.1 for CE4)
Then re-install only one v4 plugin? How to link the plugin to my sites?

#5 2018-12-23 03:42:15

rod barbee
Website

You must be using separate catalogs for your sites then.

As far as I remember (it’s been a while), when installing the Backlight Publisher, the CE4 version was replaced and only the Backlight version was left.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2018-12-23 03:55:18

pideja

Just checked: I have the possibility to upgrade the PHP to versions 7 or 7.2. Should I?

#7 2018-12-23 03:57:45

pideja

Once I "cleaned" the plugin manager of all the TTG Publisher plugins, and re-installed the latest plugin, will all my catalogues link to it automatically? Or should I link to it manually?

#8 2018-12-23 04:27:47

rod barbee
Website

Every time I’ve removed and replaced the Publisher plugin, all instances I’d created just reconnected on their own.
But give it a try

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2018-12-23 04:31:33

pideja

I now have but one Publisher plugin activated. It's version 4, the latest I believe. All catalogues are authentified save for that pesky GBC that still indicates that the URL should end with "publisher/".

#10 2018-12-23 04:36:04

rod barbee
Website

pideja wrote:

I now have but one Publisher plugin activated. It's version 4, the latest I believe. All catalogues are authentified save for that pesky GBC that still indicates that the URL should end with "publisher/".

what's the API url that you're using?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2018-12-23 04:38:03

pideja

I am now happy to report that it was...a typo!!! The URL read: pideja.ca/gbc/publisher which we all know is wrong. I have corrected it to pideja.ca/gbc/backlight/publisher

Happy as a clam? Maybe not but getting there.

Thank you, Rod and Merry Christmas to you and all the TTG Community!

#12 2018-12-23 05:08:48

pideja

Just in case anybody is wondering how this issue was solved:
I have only one TTG Publisher plugin installed; it's the latest version and it's in a folder that will not be disturbed.
I left the PHP version to 5.6 (for now)
Also, the URL indicated in the Publisher plugin was corrected.
I returned to publishing my catalogues (albums) with LR. In my case, publishing thru Backlight, although straightforward and simple, I have less control over the size of the thumbnails and the images within their borders. But that's me.
Also, avoid publishing thru Lightroom and Backlight: the two are not on speaking terms. I found that the menus did not reflect correctly the albums published thru Backlight.

#13 2018-12-24 00:36:58

Daniel Leu
Website

Pierre, for 2019, I would put on top of my list of resolutions: Upgrade my sites to use single backlight installation :-)

Merry Christmas!

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer