Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-05 09:36:36

charking
Website

Moving Okapi galleries from Backlight 1 into Backlight 2

My website using Okapi-based modules in Backlight 1 converted successfully to Backlight 2 except for my background pattern (problem described in a separate post). Since I wanted to convert from the Okapi-based modules to the Pangolin-based ones, I decided that the best way was to recreate my web site in a test region using the Pangolin templates. I have done this except for my galleries.

At the same time I have decided to stop using the TTG Publisher in Lightroom and, instead, to install my galleries through Backlight 2. I am doing this because for some reason almost all my TTG Publisher collections in Lightroom simply disappeared. I would, therefore, have to recreate them in Lightroom in order to be able to update their contents.

Is there an easy way to install the already-existing Okapi-based galleries into my new Pangolin-based web site, or is it simply better to recreate them using the Pangolin templates as I have done with the rest of my web site?

#2 2018-12-05 10:09:52

rod barbee
Website

Re: Moving Okapi galleries from Backlight 1 into Backlight 2

Backlight 2 can accommodate Okapi. You need to install the modules from you Backlight Modules page.
Are you updating an existing BL1 site to BL2Z.

If you want the Pangolin/Backlight 2 features in those albums you’ll need to assign a Pangolin template to them.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-12-05 11:08:08

charking
Website

Re: Moving Okapi galleries from Backlight 1 into Backlight 2

rod barbee wrote:

Backlight 2 can accommodate Okapi. You need to install the modules from you Backlight Modules page.
Are you updating an existing BL1 site to BL2Z.

If you want the Pangolin/Backlight 2 features in those albums you’ll need to assign a Pangolin template to them.

Thanks, Rod. I am recreating my Backlight 2 version of my website from scratch with no reference back to my current Backlight 1 website. Given your last statement it is probably best that I do the same for my galleries, recreate them entirely using the Pangolin templates.

Board footer