Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-20 17:20:42

NursultanTulyakbay

BL2 install anomalies

I previously had BL1 running on a subdomain. It was a single page site that was just a contact page, no galleries. That was working good. My main domain had my main website that was not a backlight built site. So I ran the installer from the root of my public_html folder. All seemed to go smoothly except a couple of things. First is my contact page from my subdomain has become the contact page for the main BL2 site. The link on the contact menu item leads to the subdomain contact page, although the URL is correct for the main site mywebsite.com/contact  My subdomain's contact page was contact.mywebsite.com/index.php.  I have fixed this by deleting my subdomain so now the BL2 contact page is now where it is supposed to be.

Second and more disturbing is the cpanel page for my webhost's email address administration has taken the design of my BL2 site's CSS.  I am using Namecheap hosting. The page still works, but it is difficult to use it since it only took some of the elements from my BL2 site so the text is the same color as the background.  It is only the part of the page where my email address are listed. The rest of the page is normal and it is only on this single page.

#2 2018-11-20 18:14:37

Ben

Re: BL2 install anomalies

That's strange.  I usually find that control panels are completely separate from the main site, typically at a different URL or port.

Can you check whether there is a folder within public_html called cpanel, and whether there is an .htaccess file within it (you may need to tell your FTP software to show hidden files).  If there is a directory, but there is no .htaccess file then try creating one with the following contents and see whether that solves it.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine Off
</IfModule>

For the contact page problem, can you share your site URL and which addresses aren't working as expected?

Board footer