Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-18 11:36:50

kolohe280

A couple of small issues

Today I encountered a couple of small errors.

The first one occurs in the Backlight Publisher.  I have album sets for each year in my photo collections.  The Backlight Publisher seems to not like all numeric album set titles.  I was using it today to set the cover image (the web pulldown lists are a lot nicer than the ones in Lightroom!) and it would not save the changes.  If I changed the Album Title (should it be called Album Set Title) to something with an alpha character in it, the changes took.  I could change this back to all numeric in Lightroom with no problem.

The second problem occurs in the Lightroom publisher.  This could be a LR issue, but it didn't happen in Backlight 1.  I started an album publish task and realized there were some other changes I needed to make.  I clicked on the "X" in the LR progress bar to stop the publish.  The progress bar went away, but the publish task continued until it finished the entire album.

#2 2018-11-18 20:59:57

Ben

Re: A couple of small issues

The first issue isn't something I've come across.  Can you share a Backlight admin login and details of an album via email?

The publishing mechanism hasn't changed between Backlight 1 and 2.  That's either been an ongoing problem from earlier versions, or something that's come about as Lightroom has been updated.  The programming interface with Lightroom is quite limited, so there's not much we can do to improve the handling of cancelling tasks.  Some of the problem may be due to our approach to have multiple rendition published for each photo and that not playing well with the task lifecycle management within Lightroom.

#3 2018-11-19 00:27:01

kolohe280

Sent.

#4 2018-11-20 17:55:08

Ben

Thanks for the access.  I can see the problem now.  The check for valid Album Title looks for any type of letter, from English to Chinese characters.  But I didn't realise that all-numeric titles aren't included in that test.  I've put in a fix in my working code, which will be updated in the next maintenance release.

#5 2018-11-21 00:49:59

kolohe280

Thanks, Ben.

Board footer