Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-20 06:59:37

tmszewczuk
Website

pangolin Theater video template

2 questions:

1. Can you add fetching youtube video thumbnails to theater?

2. We have a large youtube video gallery completely managed in lightroom classic.  We would like to remove it from lightroom and just manage it from the web admin without losing what we already have on the web. We noticed that these galleries have the source set to "Lightroom". Perhaps removing the BL2 plugin for this gallery and how to reset source to web side?

Btw, the new module upgrade process is a WINNER!!

Last edited by tmszewczuk (2018-09-20 07:24:30)

Thomas Szewczuk
Website  TestSite Admin-email
'The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten - Calvin Coolidge, 1923 - 1929'

#2 2018-09-20 07:47:15

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: pangolin Theater video template

Album Sets do not care the type of content they are listing, and expect to find a thumbnail in the designated place. The album set, being unaware whether or not the listed item is YouTube content, cannot get a thumbnail from YouTube.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-09-20 08:28:54

tmszewczuk
Website

Matthew wrote:

Album Sets do not care about the type of content they are listing, and expect to find a thumbnail in the designated place. The album set, being unaware whether or not the listed item is YouTube content, cannot get a thumbnail from YouTube.

What about the 2nd question?

Thomas Szewczuk
'The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten - Calvin Coolidge, 1923 - 1929'

#4 2018-09-20 09:06:18

Matthew
Administrator
Website

In Backlight's admin, use Publisher to create a new album. Select a video-enabled template, and you will be able to set the Video ID by editing the album's settings. In this way, you should be able to create your video pages without using Lightroom.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2018-09-20 09:40:09

rod barbee
Website

I didn't know it could do that. That is so cool. You guys thought of everything!

And it's super easy. I just added a youtube video album to my test site in about 3 minutes, and that included searching my laptop for a picture to upload to serve as the album thumbnail.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2018-09-20 11:18:54

tmszewczuk
Website

2. We have a large youtube video gallery completely managed in lightroom classic.  We would like to remove it from lightroom and just manage it from the web admin without losing what we already have on the web. We noticed that these galleries have the source set to "Lightroom". Perhaps removing the BL2 plugin for this gallery and how to reset source to web side?

Matt & Rod, my question 2 is unanswered.  I already have the Video gallery.on my site from BL1.  My question was how do I get it out of LR without rubbing out the Video gallery on my web site: remove the LR BL2 plugin for this gallery? (I have 4 BL2 LR plugins: Airshows, Cars, Video, Test)

VideoGallery

Last edited by tmszewczuk (2018-09-20 11:57:59)

Thomas Szewczuk

#7 2018-09-20 13:25:14

rod barbee
Website

You could try deleting the Publisher instance. But before you do that, set up a test instance, add some albums, then delete the test instance and see what happens.
If that won’t work you might just have to delete and re-create them outside of Lightroom.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#8 2018-09-20 22:40:43

Pfredd

You can upload your video thumbnail to the video's album using Publisher, then edit the album to set the cover photo to that thumbnail.

#9 2018-09-21 00:00:22

Daniel Leu
Website

Pfredd wrote:

You can upload your video thumbnail to the video's album using Publisher, then edit the album to set the cover photo to that thumbnail.

I have a hidden album managed by Publisher with the thumbnail dimension matching my design. The slug is 'custom-thumbnails'. Whenever I need a new thumbnail, I upload it to this directory using Lr Publisher and then can select it in the album/album-set settings.

You can do the same for the videos where you manage them directly in BL2/Publisher.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#10 2018-09-22 05:00:26

tmszewczuk
Website

rod barbee wrote:

You could try deleting the Publisher instance. But before you do that, set up a test instance, add some albums, then delete the test instance and see what happens.
If that won’t work you might just have to delete and re-create them outside of Lightroom.

Ok, Created a TEST plugin (on Test Site), added some albums to it using Lightroom and published to Web.  Next we deleted just the TEST plugin in Lightroom.  Went out to the WEB and the TEST dir/albums were still there with all the albums in it.  Cool!

Last edited by tmszewczuk (2018-09-22 05:01:17)

Thomas Szewczuk

#11 2018-09-22 05:17:18

tmszewczuk
Website

Daniel Leu wrote:
Pfredd wrote:

I have a hidden album managed by Publisher with the thumbnail dimension matching my design. The slug is 'custom-thumbnails'. Whenever I need a new thumbnail, I upload it to this directory using Lr Publisher and then can select it in the album/album-set settings.

You can do the same for the videos where you manage them directly in BL2/Publisher.

I will have to try this Daniel.

My process right now is to goto you-tube, use their software to extract the video thumbnails, download it, load it into LR , add it to the you-tube video theater and publish from Lightroom.  It's labor intensive and I have to keep track of which thumbnail goes to which you-tube album not to mention all the extra Lightroom stuff that is added.  Piwigo and old Gallery 3 did create the thumbnails auto-magically after the you-tube video id was entered.

I may end up doing all from TTG BL2 publisher but if have to test a scenario where I loose web data and have to recreate.  Doing this in Lightroom affords some level of protection thru backups.

Last edited by tmszewczuk (2018-09-22 05:20:08)

Thomas Szewczuk

#12 2018-09-22 05:32:04

Daniel Leu
Website

I would check if your host supports backups.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#13 2018-09-22 05:44:24

tmszewczuk
Website

Daniel Leu wrote:

I would check if your host supports backups.

They do and I have used restoration from them a few timesn the past with no problems (1and1.com)

Thomas Szewczuk

Board footer