Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-01 12:29:36

mhayes5254

Cart questions

I am transitioning from CE2 to Backlight and am having trouble with the new cart setup process

1)
I have one sample gallery setup with the cart. in LR the the gallery's cart pricing profile is listed as "default". I cannot find where this is in the Backlight cart pages. The prices shown on the web site are what I have entered but there are additional charges for Matte and Glossy that I have deleted. Where can I find the settings to edit the prices shown. I did try clearing the template cache.

gallery
http://m2photojourney.com/galleries/Autumn/

guest login is guest, guest

2)
in my CE2 site, I sell some sets of prints. The only way I could think of to sell these is to a) have a gallery that shows each image in the set, with no cart attached and b) have another gallery that lists each set with a sample image, with the cart attached to the sample. See the following for what I mean:

http://mjhayesphotography.com/folios/

One solution would be to have a gallery set (Folios) containing a gallery for each group of images, with cart attached to the gallery, not the contained images. Since this is not an option, any better ideas, other than what I did using CE2 above?

Thanks
Mike Hayes

Edit: another issue is that when I set the cart to testing mode, I get " no products for sale". I have the same credentials entered for testing and live, based on feedback from Paypal. Is this correct?

Last edited by mhayes5254 (2018-05-01 12:58:57)

#2 2018-05-01 14:09:32

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cart questions

Backlight cart pricing is found in Backlight>Cart>Pricing Schemes.
There you can create new pricing schemes or edit any existing schemes to add or remove products and set pricing.

After making any changes, try clicking the cart reset link in the Cart dashboard

Not sure I understand your second question but it sounds like you might be talking about Packages.

Not sure about your last question. Ben may have to address that.

If your still having problems with pricing, products, etc, consider providing a Backlight Guest Updater credentials so someone can take a look: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=8122

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-05-02 01:23:09

mhayes5254

1) I was unable to find the reset link in the cart dashboard in the menus or the documentation.  I tried a few things but am still getting "no products for sale". The test and live paypal credentials are still the same.

It was working initially, so I suspect I scrambled something. I tried reinstalling the "backlight/cart" and "module-cart" folders to no effect. Is deleting the "backlight/data/cart" folder the correct way to start over? First, please have a look with the credentials below:
guest updater
barlow1

2) I could not find any documentation on Packages but by browsing the menu, it appears to be for ordering multiple versions of a single image, not a predefined set of different images.

Thanks

Last edited by mhayes5254 (2018-05-02 01:31:59)

#4 2018-05-02 02:10:30

rod barbee
Website

In albums, the cart is for selling individual images. Packages allow you to set up a scheme where people can choose any of the images. You set up how many of each product the client can choose. For example, you could set up a package that includes 4 3x5s, 2 8x10s, and 1 16x20.
In the gallery, the client clicks on the Add Package button and then clicks the cart icon on a picture. They then choose the size and quantity from the options you've included. After they've filled the package maximum for each product (they've picked their 4 3x5s, for example), then any additional choices are charged at the individual price.
That's packages.

You could adapt the Package so that the client can pick a specified number of images.
First, if you don't already have a print product that will work for the folio created, then create one.
Create a package and name it "folio".
When you create it, you'll be back in the Packages page. Click on Manage Items for the Folio package and then click Add Item.
Choose the product and any attributes that go with it. Enter a number to limit the number of images included at the Package price.
(if after reaching this number your client chooses more images, they will be charged at the individual print price)

That's one option for approaching your Folios product.

If you want to duplicate what you've done with your CE2 site, you can create a stand-alone page and use write-in purchase buttons.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … se_buttons
You'll need to create a product for each of your folio image sets.

In the page you would insert an album set that contains all your Folio albums. Once a client has viewed those albums, they return to the Folio page and choose the one(s) they want by clicking on the buttons.

An example of using write-in button is on my workshops sign up page. Each button corresponds to a different workshop (product)
see: http://workshops.barbeephoto.com/sign-up/

The cart reset is in the Cart Dashboard under Special Links
reset-cart.jpg

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer