Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-26 13:43:40

mindstorm

Can I have "static page" AND "recent posts" both on home page?

For the last few years, my home page has shown my blog, with "recent posts."  I have a menu across the top that goes to various galleries.  I have found that almost nobody notices that menu though, and pretty much nobody sees when a new gallery has been added (they are kinda buried in the menu structure).

I do not want to move the menu to a side panel. Though it would be more visible, it would take up too much space.

What I want to do is to put a sticky perm post as the top item in the blog, followed by my recent posts.  In that static post, I would have a brief comment about the galleries, and what was the most recent gallery added.  I would edit that post from time to time, as new galleries are created.

In the "static page" setup in WordPress though, I can only find the ability to have 'static page' OR 'recent posts' and not both.

Is there a fairly easy workaround?

#2 2018-04-26 14:49:47

mindstorm

Re: Can I have "static page" AND "recent posts" both on home page?

I guess this can be closed (not sure how to delete a post?)

I found a usable workaround.  I added a TEXT widget to the top of my side panel, which had the info I wanted.

Board footer