Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-03 12:44:38

johnblaustein
Website

Copy not visible on published album page -- some setting must be wrong

I have a test page:

http://www.johnblaustein.com/galleries/danube-galleria/

In LR > Edit Album > Page Content > Page Copy, I have entered the following, made with MarkdownPad2:

<p>Page Copy in LIGHTROOM Page Content -- replace template Page Copy</p>

I have tried all "placement" options.  I click Edit to close the dialog, then right-click the album and select Publish Now.

In addition the the copy I've entered in LR, I have copy in the Album Template.

I can't see the copy on the published page, but I do see it in the Page Source.

Clearly, I have some setting that is incorrect--a color setting no doubt.  I suspect you can see it if you look at the Page Source.  Search on Page Source for "LIGHTROOM" and "INTERFACE."

(I don't think I need to create a new page and embed the album for the text that's entered in the LR album dialog to show up.  I'm confused.)

Thank you.

John

Last edited by johnblaustein (2018-03-03 12:59:15)

#2 2018-03-03 13:19:34

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Copy not visible on published album page -- some setting must be wrong

Hi John,

Looks to me like you've set the Target: Expanded option, yes? Please take note of the text accompanying that option.

Target
The "Expanded" option fills the main column, override the desktop aspect ratio, and hides the breadcrumbs and page copy.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-03-03 13:38:28

johnblaustein
Website

Hi Matt.... 

Yes, of course, that's it.  I've been through this with you or Rod before, but I just plain forgot!  My apologies.  I'm sure there is a reason I set Target: Expanded, but now I don't even remember that.  I think there was some trade-off between Expanded and Inline.  I'll change to Inline and try and figure out why I wanted Expanded.  (I'll also look back through my previous forum posts because that might remind me.)

I love Backlight more each day and week (!), but I still have a lot of subtleties to learn.

Thank you.... and best regards,

John

#4 2018-03-04 16:59:22

Matthew
Administrator
Website

No problem.

In expanded mode, the script basically looks at the masthead and footer, determines how much of the page remains, then fills it. No scroll bar, and the gallery will subsume the entirety of the page body. This is basically meant to act as a full-screen layout for the slideshow, but allowing you to set up the masthead and navigation.

The inline mode provides for your more traditional web-page with a slideshow on it.

(I got to use "subsume" in a sentence, maybe for the first time ever! How do I even know this word?! big_smile)

Matt

#5 2018-03-05 04:42:13

johnblaustein
Website

Hey Matt,

This explanation of Galleria's Expanded Mode is VERY helpful.  In fact, knowing how it works explains exactly why I like it so much!!  I have increased the Photos size and republished and now the images are wonderfully large on my large desktop monitor (test page, not full site yet).

In "fussing around with this" on my test page, I have learned a lot more about how Backlight and Publisher interact--Publisher looking at BL for all the Album > Image Renditions settings, and BL looking at Publisher for its settings.  Your whole system is so much more sophisticated and elegant than I initially realized.  I'm lovin' it!

As for "subsume," good work.  I had to look it up:

sub·sume
səbˈso͞om
verb
include or absorb (something) in something else.
"most of these phenomena can be subsumed under two broad categories"

John

#6 2018-03-05 11:32:06

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Ha! Sorry to make you reach for the dictionary. I was an English major, and I still nerd out on words from time to time. ;-)

Matt

#7 2018-03-05 11:51:32

johnblaustein
Website

Matt,

Reach for the dictionary?  What's a dictionary?  A double-click and a right-click and Google looked it up for me!  <g>

You studied English.  I studied Anthropology at Berkeley.  And look at us now talking about URLs, sub-domains, f/stops and shutter speeds.  <g>  I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I'm sure you feel the same way.

John

Board footer