Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-28 07:07:38

peter

Wordpress add-on question

From watching the Youtube video Matt put up, I see the main use of this add-on is to copy the layout style from your website, to Wordpress, maintaining a consistency between the two.

I have not used Wordpress myself, but from what my wife says, you only get one menu (I think there may be sub-menus, but not sure what that entails).

The video shows the navigation buttons from the website. ported over to the WP site. Is that a 'stand alone' additional menu? Or does that replace the main one in WP?

Also, if a search button exists on the template you are using to replicate, does this work for the blog?

(I just added it to my website and I am getting an error - I will post this in a new thread)

#2 2017-11-28 07:27:00

rod barbee
Website

Re: Wordpress add-on question

you can create as many menus as you want in WordPress. The specific theme dictates where you can place these menus.
In the Backlight theme, there is one menu location defined: the Primary Menu. This will appear wherever your design has dictated (in top-pallet, in main column, etc)
You can assign one menu to this location.

In WordPress you also have what are called Widgets. These can be placed in Sidebars (the equivalent to Backlight Trays). WordPress provides a Custom Menu widget that you can place in a sidebar in case you want to add more menus to the page.
There are also WordPress plug-ins that will let you achieve just about anything you'd wish to do.

WordPress also has its own search function. You can add a search widget to a sidebar.
there is also a nice little feature Matt and Ben have baked in. If you do a search for images in your Backlight site, you'll get your image search results and you'll see a link to search for the same search term in your WordPress blog.
If you search for something in your blog, along with those results you'll see a link to search the image galleries. Pretty cool.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer