Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-12-03 12:24:11

Ben

Re: Can't update this collection error

Thanks for that. I’ll need to investigate what that means. Do you think that’s the actual error that’s causing them to block access?

#52 2017-12-03 14:27:36

hjrw

They said there were many of these errors...  they picked 2 of them to send.  They also saw the flurry of activity from last night when I sent 147 images up before being cut off. 

They were not clear if the cutoff was cumulative such that if I sent the photos up 25 or 50 at a time I could avoid it or not.  As of a few hours ago I was still locked out from Lightroom, although Filezilla worked fine.  They thought it might be a 24 hour lockout, that increases every time I hit the server...  so I've been waiting.

#53 2017-12-03 15:54:18

Ben

I think that's a red herring.  The error quoted is caused by errors in an .htaccess file where it attempts to redirect to itself over and over again. 
I notice that your site http://www.caddinfo.com/ fails with a 500 error, which could be due to this problem.  Do you have an .htaccess file at the top of your site?  If so, what is it used for, and can you try disabling it by renaming the file to something else (e.g. .htaccess_disabled).

#54 2017-12-03 17:59:29

hjrw

Ben

The site caddinfo.com site is not used.  It is a placeholder for my other sites that are on the server.  There is no .htaccess file.  I have attached a screen capture of the caddinfo.com tree to an email.  Under public_html I just sent you the .htaccess file named public_html.  The .htaccess file from the photo_now_backlight folder (the root directory for the backlight site) is named photo-now-backlight.  I've also sent the .htaccess file from the galleries folder (galleries).  The .htaccess file from one of the albums is named album.

I hope I kept the .htaccess files straight  ;-)

Thanks,
Herschel

#55 2017-12-05 14:36:51

hjrw

Ben

Any ideas from looking at the server?

Herschel

#56 2017-12-05 18:46:52

Ben

I haven't had time to look yet.  I should state that I'm not trying to find the solution to your GoDaddy connection problems.  That is an issue that will not be revealed in .htaccess files.

Board footer