Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-02 04:05:56

carolellis

Since there are no templates....

When Backlight appeared, I outsourced my web design to a company.  They put together my site by using the Backlight resources.  They were unfamiliar with Lightroom so that was natural for them to do through the backdoor admin area.  Moving forward I will be doing the publishing of stand-alone client galleries, through Lightroom Publish services.  The web designer doesn't understand LIGHTROOM, so I am trying to figure out from here how to use/find a grid gallery, and have it look like the site with header etc, and have it go to the proper place.  I guess what I AM LOOKING FOR IS THE TEMPLATE SO I CAN LOAD INTO LIGHTROOM... OR DOESN'T THIS HAPPEN ANYMORE LIKE IT DID IN CE4??  The site is www.lilsalt.com   The client galleries would not be in any dropdown menus on the site, but would link to the home page etc if the client wanted to go anywhere else.

#2 2017-11-02 04:44:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Since there are no templates....

Backlight is a departure from CE4. No more working in the Web Module, all design work is done on line through the backlight interface.

the templates don't load into Lightroom. They are all created and stored in Backlight on your server.
When you go to create a new album or album set, you choose the template you want to use from the Template drop-down in the Basic tab of the album or album set you are creating. All templates you've created in Backlight will be available in the respective drop-down.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-11-02 04:48:01

carolellis

My web person said the website made by Backlight simply mirrors what I will upload to LR.  SAhe asked if I have connected an API key so the website and LR are linked.  I guess by linking I would be syncing the albums she created.  How do I sync with what she create3d and is online?

#4 2017-11-02 05:04:56

rod barbee
Website

Not all of your website will mirror what you upload from Lightroom. Only albums and album sets will. Pages like your About or Contact pages are created in Backlight and must be modified from within Backlight.

Did you upload your current albums via Publisher from your own catalog on your own machine? I'm guessing not since you're asking about the Publsher API key.
See the documentation about that: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … tion_setup
Matt also has a getting started video that should help explain how the whole system works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzGfUiC6kU

So I'm guessing your web person created those albums from her computer?

The thing to know is that the albums on your site are catalog specific. In other words, if those albums were created from one catalog, they are not controllable from another catalog. Not without some help anyway. The Lightroom Voyager plug-in will allow you to transfer published collections between catalogs.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2017-11-02 05:38:06

carolellis

That video of Matt's solved my API question.  I published an album.  Now my question is, can I publish a album but not have it appear on my website galleries pager.  For privacy I would rather just send the client a link.  It would look like the other galleries just be more private.  I was trying to avoid the user name and PW login for the client.

#6 2017-11-02 06:44:12

rod barbee
Website

yes. Edit the album in Lightroom. Under the Features tab, check the Hide from Album Set box. You may also want to check the "Hide from Search" box if your site is also going to use the search feature.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-11-02 09:15:29

carolellis

Thanks...

Just one more change to do.  It seemed like before in the Client Response Gallery, there were options for the client to select favorites, and then send an email.  I cannot see where to configure this in the galleries.

Link to some info??

#8 2017-11-02 09:53:12

Matthew
Administrator
Website

carolellis wrote:

Thanks...

Just one more change to do.  It seemed like before in the Client Response Gallery, there were options for the client to select favorites, and then send an email.  I cannot see where to configure this in the galleries.

Link to some info??

For that functionality, you need the Client Response Add-on.

Once you have that purchased and installed, you can edit an album template, scroll down to the "Add-ons" section in the designer, and enabled those features for your albums.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#9 2017-11-02 22:30:19

carolellis

I have client Response v1...  I guess there is something I am failing to do.  I bought it the same time I got Backlight.

#10 2017-11-02 22:51:10

rod barbee
Website

in your album template, did you go to Add-Ons and enable Client Response?

If so, are your albums using the album template that has Client Response enabled?

Can you post a link to an album that should be Client Response-enabled?

(the current version of Client Response is 7.1.1, be sure to update to the latest version)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2017-11-02 23:52:44

rod barbee
Website

and in case you haven't seen it yet, the info on Client Response in is the main doc page: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … t_response

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2017-11-03 00:03:41

carolellis

I'm running 7.1.2

Ok  I found how to turn on the Client response.  I also have the album hidden.
So now I have a Client Response Page Template and a default page template.

When I make a new page I just copy the settings from either type of Album.

Once I get the login in from my web person, and manage to login as admin instead of guest, I will try to get the Client name set up and get rid of the login and PW.

#13 2017-11-03 00:34:33

rod barbee
Website

you can bypass the login requirements already.
Edit the album in Lightroom.
Click on the Integration tab.
Under Client Response click on the Client Management drop-down and choose Unmanaged.

This will make the album accessible to all without the need to log-in to the Client Management system.
There are trade-offs though. See the docs:
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … management

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2017-11-03 06:08:51

carolellis

I see where to bypass the requirements.  So I decide that I want to manage them.  I turn that on but when I go into Backlight/Client Response/Clients I do not see a dropdown or anything like that to add a client.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

#15 2017-11-03 07:18:07

rod barbee
Website

in the lower right there should be a link to "Add Client"

Are you logged in as an administrator?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2017-11-03 07:22:56

carolellis

My web person said they made the admin user name & password guest, just like the guest.  I wonder if that is the issue.  I see nothing in the lower right corner other than a black star

#17 2017-11-03 07:25:01

rod barbee
Website

See if you can try retrieving the admin credentials so you can log in as an admin. I don't think you can do anything with clients until you do:
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … _passwords
You'll need to be able to access your server via FTP

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#18 2017-11-03 07:59:46

carolellis

OK...bingo  That works.

Help me out with one more thing...  I thought I set up where the filename and the rating, and a logo watermark would appear on the large previews.  But no.  This is what I did:  Under the add-ons, Metadata 01 on and I replaced in the brackets for token the  word {Filename}.  Metadata 02 replaced the word for token {Rating}.

Is that it???

#19 2017-11-03 09:17:06

rod barbee
Website

Those changes will appear in the feedback box when your client clicks on the feeback icon.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … e_feedback

Whenever you change anything having to do with the metadata you'll need to republish the album. In Publisher setting (in Lightroom) there's a checkbox labeled "Push metadata without updating existing photos". This makes the process go quickly.
To change the settings, double click on the TTG Publisher bar under Publish Services in the Library Module.

If you want metadata to appear beneath the large images in the album, edit the metadata tokens field you'll find under Photo Presentation > Captions

Are you getting the watermarks to appear?
(If you add watermarking after an album is created, you'll need to republish the images in the album)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#20 2017-11-04 00:01:01

carolellis

I managed to get the watermark on the images by republishing the album with images. TY  I also got the filename to appear below the large preview. TY Now my question is, I made this a password protected managed gallery, and logged in using the client user name and pw, made a few favorite selections and hit the submit button.  Where did that email go?  Isn't that supposed to go to me?  Also, when I log back into the site it says that feedback is closed?  Contact the photographer.  I guess I need to know how to manually reopen the album...  where is that?  But still, I did not get the feedback email?  Where is the email address for where the info goes located?

#21 2017-11-04 00:19:10

rod barbee
Website

your email address should be set in Backlight > Settings. It's near the top.

Also, when I log back into the site it says that feedback is closed?  Contact the photographer.  I guess I need to know how to manually reopen the album...

reopen it by visiting the feedback in Backlight > Client Response > Feedback
Click on the feedback number
Click on Update Feedback
Under Status, change from "closed" to "open"

If you don't see the feedback, use the filtering and set a date range. Click the Filter button.

Since this is getting way off the original topic, if you have any more issues can you create new topics for each new issue? This will make it easier for other to find answers to similar problems.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer