Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-10 04:38:59

mhayes5254

Error upgrading from 1.0.2

I followed the instructions for 1.2 and 1.2.2 first release and get the error below. One other thing I noticed is that various "standard..." folders under modules no longer appear in the upgrade files. Should these be deleted from the server?

Something went wrong

Unexpected error: Class StandardPageEngine contains 4 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (IPageEngine::setPageMode, IPageEngine::setIncludeMode, IPageEngine::isPageMode, ...) in StandardPageEngine.php on line 33

#2 2017-10-10 05:01:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: Error upgrading from 1.0.2

Don't delete the old folders just yet. Those folders contain the necessary files for pages, albums, etc you've created so far (the Backlight "Okapi" stuff)
You'll need them for your existing albums and pages to still work.
For more on the move from Okapi to Pangolin, see this blog post: http://theturninggate.net/2017/06/30/ba … available/
specifically the part near the end titled: Moving from Okapi to Pangolin

Ben will need to comment on the error though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-10-10 06:50:58

Daniel Leu
Website

Try updating the okapi modules: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7769. This helped others before.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#4 2017-10-11 00:22:21

mhayes5254

Problem resolved.

I followed the advice given and still had the error. However I then went to the .../backlight page and logged in. This resolved the issue, which may have been the solution all along.

Thanks.

A follow up question: I have spent limited time with Backlight until now and have only a small test site. I now but plan to re-do my CE2 based site that is a commercial site that I need to keep running until the new one is debugged. To make the new site live, do I simply copy the content from "test.mysite" to "mysite" and edit the backlight settings page? If there is a better way, is there a writeup on how to switch?

Correction: Instead of copying, I assume I should just rename the top level folders on the server and edit the Backlight settings. Is this correct?

Last edited by mhayes5254 (2017-10-11 00:27:55)

#5 2017-10-11 00:37:22

rod barbee
Website

However I then went to the .../backlight page and logged in. This resolved the issue, which may have been the solution all along.

After most updates you'll need to log in and visit various sections of Backlight so that the databases are updated. You'll also need to clear the template cache. This is always the last step and is outlined in the readme.txt files included with the download.

A follow up question: I have spent limited time with Backlight until now and have only a small test site. I now but plan to re-do my CE2 based site that is a commercial site that I need to keep running until the new one is debugged. To make the new site live, do I simply copy the content from "test.mysite" to "mysite" and edit the backlight settings page? If there is a better way, is there a writeup on how to switch?

That's should do it.
But to be sure, I suggest running a migration test into another subdomain. Get your new site created and include only a few albums. Then download everything from your test site to your computer and upload it to the migration test subdomain. Log into the migration test site and make the needed url changes in Settings and then visit the site to see if everything is working correctly.
If so, you should be ready to finish off your test site and then migrate it to your main site.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2017-10-11 00:45:41

mhayes5254

Thanks
Bye.

Board footer