Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-19 23:24:19

krabydick
Website

Work Flow Question.

Hi All,

I'm using Backlight+pages, Cart and publisher,

My current workflow is,

Use publisher to create a cart enabled album and upload low-res images to sell the high res file as digital downloads.
When sales orders come in I export the high res files out of Lightroom to my desktop then go to Backlight\cart\orders\manage\edit, and upload the files one by one, which then generates the update to order email. Great!!

My question is,

Am I doing things in the most efficient way?  or am I missing an easier way to do it? e.g getting publisher to upload the high res file straight out of Lightroom.

I know I could upload all the high res file when publishing the album but with the amount of photos I upload I would soon use up my hosting allowance, and it would take considerably long to upload the albums.

For that reason I only want to upload the high res files that have been sold..

If I'm already doing thing in the most efficient manner then that's great, but I just wanted to put the question out there to check.

Thanks

Richard

#2 2017-07-19 23:32:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: Work Flow Question.

I think what you're doing is the way to do it. The problem is that the hi-res settings for Publisher are set in the album template, and therefore would have to be created at the time of publishing.

I suppose you could try using two album templates. These templates would be exactly the same except for one thing: Publisher created hi-res images.
Create the album using the album set without Publisher created hi-res renditions.
When a sale is made, switch the album to the "Hi-res" template and republish the images that were sold.

I've not tried this, but it's worth testing out. It would save you a couple of steps involved in exporting and uploading via FTP.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-07-19 23:50:58

krabydick
Website

I can see where your going with that idea Rod, but I don't think it would work for me as I sell to different people from one album so the sales come in over the course of days and weeks sometimes even months.

#4 2017-07-20 00:16:52

rod barbee
Website

If you're using the "Enable Offline Digital Purchases" option, then it looks like you need to use the manual method.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-07-21 16:02:41

krabydick
Website

Thanks for your input Rod.

Board footer