Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-13 23:24:01

charking
Website

Duplicate thumbnails

I used my original file names from the camera when I first published my galleries. Later, when I renamed the files and republished, I noticed that a new set of thumbnails were created with the new names, leaving the originally-named thumbnails in place. I don't know if this is a Lightroom Publish problem or a Backlight one or one I created in my setup. The duplicates did not appear to affect the performance of my website, and I simply used FileZilla to delete the original unnecessary thumbnails. Any comments or suggestions?

#2 2017-07-13 23:33:42

charlie.choc
Website

Re: Duplicate thumbnails

I think it's best if you remove the files for the galleries in Lightroom, publish, rename the files and add them to your galleries, and then publish again. This will clean everything up on the server and is all done in Lightroom.

#3 2017-07-14 00:35:10

charking
Website

Re: Duplicate thumbnails

Somehow my post was duplicated and I have two similar answers. (I'm using a new mouse that seems super sensitive.)

I agree that both similar responses will work. The interesting thing, however, is that the photos folder contains only the renamed files; the duplication occurs only in the thumbnails folder which implies an issue somewhere in the software.

Board footer