Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-28 04:00:55

LilHelpHere

404 Error on setup New site

Hi, I'd like to make an additional website, have a separate domain, hosting, have unzipped and installed according to Backlight setup instruction. But am receiving a 404 page not found error when trying to get to the next step (mydomain.com/backlight) I have sent the server access info to Ben but have not heard back yet. Thanks

#2 2017-05-28 04:26:10

rod barbee
Website

Re: 404 Error on setup New site

give Ben some time. He's in Australia and it's the weekend.

and it always helps to provide a link to your site.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-05-29 09:41:05

LilHelpHere

Thanks Rod, It looks like the real problem is that Ben says an additional purchase is required for an additional website. I was unable to find info on this in docs or forum, so do you have any info on making an additional separate website on another server? Will I be able to add to the existing Publisher module or will I need a separate Lightroom catalog, or other potential snags? Maybe a small note can be added to documentation for other people who might be wanting to do the same, Thanks

#4 2017-05-29 10:11:49

rod barbee
Website

I've always just created a new site the same way as my main site. (These have all been in sub-domains of my main site, but I could easily create a new sit on a separate domain)
What other purchase would you need? A second Backlight purchase? I can see this if the site you're creating is for someone else and is not owned by you. But I can't find an End User License Agreement to confirm this.

I use the same catalog for multiple sites (main site, various test sites, a site that supports a book I wrote, my TTG Tips site).
You would need to create separate Publisher instances for each site, but that's easy to do.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-05-29 13:29:13

LilHelpHere

Thanks Rod, got up and running, but some other help needed for simple background image -see other post. Thanks very much
Ben reported that the Backlight files needed to be in the public_html folder on the server, rather than domain.con folder placed on server

Last edited by LilHelpHere (2017-05-29 22:45:52)

Board footer