Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-03 04:05:34

ma.rintala

Backlight Cart, base price for order

I have done some photo booth shooting and I want to add some base price in each order. Of course there is a possibility to use flat shipping rate for this purpose, but it is not tempting me because this item shall have a slightly misleading name on the bill.

The products are digital download and print with multiple options.

What do you suggest? Should I create a product called photo booth and somehow require that every customer add this into their order? Or, are there any other possibilities?

Thanks for your advices!

#2 2017-05-03 05:14:31

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Backlight Cart, base price for order

Packages might be a solution. But you would have to define things more rigidly than maybe you would like, i.e. 5 image package, 10 image package, etc.

If you can explain how you might like this to work, we could perhaps implement something in a future release.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-05-06 16:02:00

ma.rintala

Yes, package is out of question in this case, because customer may order as many prints or files as they want.

Roughly the function would be like this:
An example base price for each order would be 20 #currency. That would be billed only once for each order, like flat shipping rate. Lets assume that a customer orders 5 photos, 7 #currency each. The final price would be then 20 + 5*7 #currency. Of course, the problem in my scenario is that if same customer orders photos multiple times, he or she has to pay base price in each order.

Basically the base price is like reimbursement from used time for taking photographs etc. It would be nice to hear if other people have similar needs.

#4 2017-05-06 22:40:38

SunFoxNC

ma.rintala wrote:

Yes, package is out of question in this case, because customer may order as many prints or files as they want.

Roughly the function would be like this:
An example base price for each order would be 20 #currency. That would be billed only once for each order, like flat shipping rate. Lets assume that a customer orders 5 photos, 7 #currency each. The final price would be then 20 + 5*7 #currency. Of course, the problem in my scenario is that if same customer orders photos multiple times, he or she has to pay base price in each order.

Basically the base price is like reimbursement from used time for taking photographs etc. It would be nice to hear if other people have similar needs.

Having thought through pricing schemes recently (and I'm playing with the cart as we speak!), I came to the conclusion that for me it'd be far easier and cleaner to just reflect any costs of production and post-processing the photograph in the item's price itself.

The only exception would be photographs in which I'd offer explicit retouching for an additional charge.  I very rarely touch the photos as they're generally what I want them to look like coming out of the camera but I've had one recent client whose actress daughter had a visible microphone peeking out beneath her hair she's wanting me to eliminate with Photoshop.  Things like this where it'll take me significant time above and beyond applying some enhancements and presets in Lightroom are those I'd think a separate fee are appropriate.  What I would envision this would be two prices in the scheme in the cart...one without retouching and a higher price with retouching.

Board footer