Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-11 15:23:33

Gewuerz

Move the web page to another provider and change the web address

I would like to move my test website www.scan-dresden.de  to a different domain account, provider.
What steps do I need to take in detail?
The address of the website also changes from www.scan-dresden.de to www.2.fewo-simmert.de.

I'm not sure what to do?

Thanks for help Wolfgang

Last edited by Gewuerz (2017-04-11 15:29:05)

#2 2017-04-11 22:08:18

rod barbee
Website

Re: Move the web page to another provider and change the web address

Since your test site isn't very extensive yet, the easiest thing to do would probably be to simply download the backlight/ and galleries/ folder along with the index.php and .htaccess files to your computer from the test site.
Then upload them to the new domain on the new provider.
Log into Backlight at the new location and go to Settings and change the necessary URL references (Site URL, etc).

You may find that some images, like your masthead image, will be missing. Just use the Backlight uploader and upload them again. Then assign them as you originally did.

For the blog, since you don't have any real posts yet, rather than copy the blog/ folder over, the easiest thing to do would be to start with a fresh installation of WordPress on the new site.
In Backlight, be sure to update the WordPress location. Then from the Designer, export the WordPress theme to WordPress and start blogging away.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer