Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-14 08:59:31

eimages
Website

album set home page design

My Home page is set to be my index page
I have inserted my Galleries Album Set to appear on this Home page
I go to my home page and I see my album set, with all the albums contained within with a fairly large margin between each thumbnail and the cell border. The amount of this margin changes as you adjust the screen size.
When I click Galleries menu item, I am again presented with all my albums (which is what I would expect). The formatting of the page has now changed. Each thumbnail fills each cell right up to the cell border. As you adjust the screen size, the thumbnails and cell sizes change in unison. The quality of each thumbnail is not as crisp either.
Why is it that both presentations are different? I thought they were both dependent on my Album Set template? Sure, I could live with this difference, but feel that there should be a consistent presentation throughout. What have I got wrong?
I can activate my guest admin account, if you want to take a look 'round.
Thanks.

#2 2017-01-14 09:26:22

eimages
Website

Re: album set home page design

More information: I go into my album set template and change style from Iconic to Classic. I then go back to my home page by clicking my logo at the top of the screen. Nothing changes. When I click on Galleries link in the header menu, I see the different layout presented by switching to Classic. I am using Chrome with developer tools open and have turned off caching, so I am fetching from the server fresh every time.
Again, the question is, what drives the appearance on my home page? It doesn't appear to be the Album Set template.

#3 2017-01-14 16:21:33

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Designs will adapt in accordance with display size and your defined breakpoints. This is intended to accommodate mobile devices. At least, that's what I'm guessing you're referring to, but as you have not provided a link, I can only guess.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2017-01-15 05:07:38

eimages
Website

#5 2017-01-15 06:36:47

eimages
Website

Okay, I think I understand now, said the young padawan. It was a combination of old items in the browser cache. Learning about using F12 and disabling the use of the cache within Chrome helped. Also, I had to adjust the size of my thumbnails and re-publish them. Looking a lot better now

Board footer