Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-10 03:03:29

jackm

Button/Link Addition Help

Hello,

I would like to add a "new" button (or buttons) to my main gallery page to link to new albums I have in my album sets. When I add new albums, I will add to or delete the current "new" buttons, as desired. Currently I use an album or album set to accomplish this task.

Prior to the Theater plugin enabling Breadcrumbs, a forum member, Daniel, helped me by writing a script to place a "back" button on the Theater screen. I am not a coding guy so this was a BIG help.

I have modified the code to allow me to send the link to the album/album set I want too, and it works fine.

The button however is a blue rectangle with white text. I would like to change the "look" of the button to a white background with a black border and black text, to better match the look of the album/album sets I have on my website. In the script I think I can change the 'white' to 'black' to get the text color change. However I do not know how to change the actual button color/size/etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The code is; <a href="../" class="button" style="color:white;">BACK</a>

And my website is; www.stuffbyjack.com

Thanks.

Jack

#2 2017-01-10 07:18:07

rod barbee
Website

Re: Button/Link Addition Help

you can change the look of button in the page template in the Typography section under Forms.
There you can style background-color, background-color:hover, and color (text color.

for borders, you'll need custom css. You could try adding that to the inline styling. Or, if you want all your buttons to have a border, add it to the .button class using custom css

for inline styling:

<a href="../" class="button" style="border: 1px solid black;">BACK</a>

for custom css:

.button {
    border: 1px solid black;
}

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-01-10 12:13:38

jackm

Re: Button/Link Addition Help

Rod,

Thanks a bunch. I got it working the way I want to thanks to your help.

Jack

Board footer