Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-10 02:01:03

jackm

CE4 To Backlight Conversion Problems

Hi,

I am converting one of my web sites to Backlight from CE4. The others I did are working fine.

I installed Backlight, set it up, etc. then migrated the CE4 album sets/albums to Backlight. All seemed to work OK.

One Album Set has 10 Album Sets under it.

In Lightroom I wanted to change the slug of the upper level album set using the edit album set menu. Lightroom gave me a message that it could not do that. Don't know why. I decided to create a new Album Set and move the 10 Album Sets one one at a time. The first album set I moved, Lightroom gave me a message that it could not move it. When I went to my site, that album set was missing. I checked my web site with FileZilla and it was there! Where Lightroom said it couldn't move it?

Then I looked in Backlight Top Level Gallery and the new upper level album set is there with the moved album set. Now on my web site I get BOTH upper level album sets as indicated in Top Level Gallery. In Lightroom it shows as it did when I migrated with no change, or change allowed.

My Lightroom edit screen will not work, and is "out of sync" with the Top Level Gallery in Backlight, and my actual web site.

Is there a way to get it to work, and get it back "in sync"?

The site is stuffbyjack.com/jackonly

Thanks,

Jack

#2 2016-12-10 11:49:59

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: CE4 To Backlight Conversion Problems

Odd. I can't recall having issues moving albums within Lightroom. Unfortunately, Lightroom's Publish Services -- while a valuable tool -- are imperfect at best, and errors can and do happen. In such cases, it's sometimes difficult to recover, though you can always clean up and upload new stuff.

If you find that you're unable to remove things via Lightroom, then delete albums from Publish Services; in Backlight, remove from Top-level Galleries. Maybe check the location using FTP, though this may not be necessary. When you have a clean slate again, you can create new albums and album sets.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-12-10 12:09:26

jackm

Matt,

That would be my last resort. The site has lot of album sets/albums and starting over is a tremendous amount of work.

I was hoping for a easier way. I would think it is a database problem, as Backlight and my site seem to be correct.

Thanks,

Jack

#4 2016-12-11 14:44:52

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Jack,

Yes, I understand it would be a last resort. Unfortunately, as I'm not the one running your site/server, I can only speculate on what might be happening. Are you still able to reproduce the error in Lightroom? Was it a simple message, or did it include any sort of gobbledigook that might clue us in more specifically on the error type, or why it was being thrown? It would be helpful to know, for example, whether the error was being served by Lightroom itself or by the server.

Or if folders on the server cannot be changed or removed, it might be a permissions/ownership mismatch.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer