Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-12-08 02:17:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: Completely lost

ah, you're right. I just got on my pc and must have been looking at a cached version.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#27 2016-12-08 02:26:11

rod barbee
Website

it just seems like some css is missing. You could try creating a new, clean page template  and applying it to your home and contact pages as well as your album set and album templates.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#28 2016-12-08 03:52:44

pideja

I restored the original css "sample" which I had altered; return to vertical navigation thru out; un-checked php and css boxes; sometimes, when saving changes in Backlight, the graphic Masthead disappears. I restore by toggling "display identity plate" on / off.

Then, in Design Template>Main Column, changed the background to Black (nothing happened but, as predicted, the graphic Masthead disappeared). Then, changed the background to Orange (gross, but it worked) then back to Black and voilà! Go figure. Turns out the graphic Masthead needs 50px padding. I had given 1px wich would explain the disappearing act.

I taught that changes in Design Template>Backlight Standard Page affected the site thru out. I guess not. So, as it is, I I gave 50px Padding-top, 100px Padding-bottom and 10px Padding-left/right this gives me the horizontal navigation on the Home page but the change does not carry over to the other two pages.

Last edited by pideja (2016-12-08 03:54:06)

#29 2016-12-08 05:14:13

pideja

Changed Padding-top to 15; Bottom at 100 and left/right to 250 : navigation horizontal. I just wanted to reposition the graphic Masthead!

Assuming I leave these parameters as is, I would then want to align the main body of text, images, and even navigation menus in order to have an empty space to the left of the page.
But I can't find left-right padding for these.

I still find adjustments in Backlight a little quirky but I guess I have to get used to it.

#30 2016-12-08 06:51:17

rod barbee
Website

you could just remove the left/right padding you added to the masthead graphic and add some padding-left via custom css:

.masthead > .content {
     padding-left: 24px;
}

where were you changing navigation from vertical to horizontal? The only way I know of to get vertical navigation is if you place navigation in a tray.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#31 2016-12-09 04:30:39

pideja

Hi Rod,
Thanks for the css tip. Should I just add that to the custom-sample.css file or should I create a new css file? Should I activate both  the php plugin and the Custom Stylesheets?

#32 2016-12-09 05:06:26

rod barbee
Website

unless you're using phplugins, you don't need it for the css to work. I suggest creating a new custom css file, otherwise you'll just need to delete or comment out what you don't need that's in the sample file.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#33 2016-12-09 05:16:59

pideja

Works great, as expected. Why was it, under CE$ that we had to enable the php plugins to have the CSS file come into effect? Unless I was doing it all wrong from the start...

Thanks Rod

#34 2016-12-09 06:49:29

rod barbee
Website

Why was it, under CE$ that we had to enable the php plugins to have the CSS file come into effect? Unless I was doing it all wrong from the start...

Because that's how it had to be done. Backlight is a totally different animal

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer