Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-14 19:34:25

Ben

Bluehost Issues and Solutions

I have written a support document that covers some of the commonly-faced issues with running Backlight on Bluehost.  Please provide feedback on the article under this topic.  Support issues should be posted in new topics.

http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … n_bluehost

#2 2016-12-10 07:19:23

SunFoxNC

Re: Bluehost Issues and Solutions

Just installed Backlight into a virgin Bluehost account and it has gone very nicely...it took longer to delete the placeholder crap that was in public_html than it was to drop Backlight/Pages/CRG/Cart into play and upload them!

My initial impressions of Bluehost is that it has a *MUCH* nicer cpanel interface than Lunarpages (though I will say the constant login interstitial screen when clicking between things is a bit annoying) and the performance of Backlight seems much more consistent than some of the weirdness I was seeing previously.

Anywho, I was pre-emptively trying to address the Bluehost-specific support options in the document referenced above but found that when I tried disabling the optional PHP extensions in the Php Config applet, there is no "Additional extensions available for Installation" or any way to disable those extensions on that screen (they display a section where they detail the extensions they load by default for each version of PHP in play (5.4, 5.6 which I picked with single php.ini file, and 7).

The extensions are listed at the bottom of php.ini and I could comment them out there but for now they don't seem to be causing me any problems (I did edit it to add the "registered" EMAIL address so that when I test CRG and the contact page, EMAIL should work).

#3 2016-12-10 09:54:01

Ben

Re: Bluehost Issues and Solutions

As you've found Bluehost's PHP configuration is flakey at best.

Board footer